Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Hi Rss

Hi,i am due date may 25,2019,as per ultrasounds i had in the first and 2nd trimester,i do not remember when exactly i had my lmp,
By the ultrasound i conceived september 1st,2018,how is it possible since last intercouse with my husband was august 25,2018,after he was gone for 2 months? Is it possible to conceive 7 days later?or ultrasound is wrong?
Ultrasounds aren’t exact, they just measure the growth of the baby and estimate a conception date based on that, they are quite often a week or so out which is why most doctors prefer a due date based on your last menstrual cycle instead as it’s more accurate
My dr at bio texcom says, that the evidence suggests that, in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, the first ultrasound may be the most accurate tool for predicting when your baby will be born. Early ultrasound due dates have a margin of error of roughly 1.2 weeks, so doctors will usually keep the original due date (the one generated by the date of your last menstrual period) if the ultrasound due date is within that margin of error.
If you can't remember your last menstrual period date or if you have consistently irregular cycles, the doctor can use an early ultrasound to give you a fairly reliable due date.
Hope this is helpful.
Hey. I dont think that is possible. Maybe there was a problem with the ultrasound. Sometimes that happens. You can get it done again. Make sure the place you go to is reliable this time. I hope the confusion get's cleared. Oh and congratulations on being pregnant.
Sign in to follow this topic