Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Trouble bonding during pregnacy

Trouble bonding during pregnacy Rss

Did anyone else have trouble bonding with their unborn baby during pregnacy. I'm currently pregnant with my second child and i seem to be having trouble bonding. It's like a part of me resents this baby and just wants nothing to do with it. It's doesn't seem to matter what i try to do to slowly try to bond with this baby just seems to not work.
Hey there. I'm very sorry that you're facing this thing with your baby. I just came across your post and I can't stop myself from replying to this. Are you going through some kind of stress? Or was this baby unplanned, which is why you think you're not ready for it? You're pregnant, dear, a life is growing inside you. How can you not be emotionally attached to the baby? My sister also used to say that she doesn't feel anything for her baby in the initial months when she was pregnant. Then time passed by, she started planning for the baby's room and all. She started talking to the baby and that was the time she realized the joys of being pregnant. You need to do some yoga and calm yourself. You have to realize that it's a blessing to be able to get pregnant and give birth. I think you got my point. I wish you have an amazing pregnancy. Best wishes!
Hello Anon! I hope you're fine. I am so sorry to hear about your condition. I am searching on the clinics providing best surrogacy and for that, i use to visit forums too. I came across to your post and saw how you're also facing trouble in having the baby. I can understand how tough it is. Dear, i was trying to conceive from last more than 7 years but failed to do so. My doctor suggested me for surrogacy and i am going to do that for me and hope to get the best clinic for it. I was getting worried because of the fake clinics as i heard about many which people were discussing. I pray that all of your problems get resolved as soon as possible. May God bless u, Dear. Regards.
I do not understand the reason you are unattached to your baby! How are you going to love him/her? It is a part of you. Maybe this was uncalled for. Don't worry I think the attachment will be soon the baby comes in your arms. Be ready for it. You should be grateful for the blessing. I went for my treatment to lotus clinic. It was not an easy decision. They seemed a bit of unorganized. They even have this poor communication. In short my visit there was disappointing.
It's alright to feel that way. Sometimes we feel like that. So it's completely okay. But don't put this thing on your nerves. It's going to be fine after some time. Are you stressed because of something else? Maybe there is some other reason. And you're tensed because of that. And that is why you feel so weird during your pregnancy? A woman has many mood swings when she is expecting. So you don't need to worry. One thing that I'd mention here is not to think negatively. That might lead to some bad results. So be very careful. Wishing you a lot of happiness with your baby.
It can be the mood swings. Nothing to worry about. I really hope my surrogate does not feel the same. I would not want her to get tired of the baby. I am in touch with two clinics at the moment. Lotus didn't reply. So I guess I will have to ask the other clinic about this issue.
Anon117 wrote:
Did anyone else have trouble bonding with their unborn baby during pregnacy. I'm currently pregnant with my second child and i seem to be having trouble bonding. It's like a part of me resents this baby and just wants nothing to do with it. It's doesn't seem to matter what i try to do to slowly try to bond with this baby just seems to not work.

Well, I think you're just stressed. I know it really can be tough at times. So, yeah! Sometimes, you feel dry and unrelated... Just stay strong! With time, you'll be attached with her. Stay strong! Keep going! Congrats! Best of luck too. xx
Anon117 wrote:

Well, I think you're just stressed. I know it really can be tough at times. So, yeah! Sometimes, you feel dry and unrelated... Just stay strong! With time, you'll be attached with her. Stay strong! Keep going! Congrats! Best of luck too. xx
Hey! That's okay to feel this way. But keep in mind one thing. Don't think of doing anything wrong to the baby. He/She is a part of you. You are carrying him/her. Feeling strange is one thing. But don't think negatively. I do not mean to be harsh at all. My tone is really polite. It's just that I am scared. I have seen a very similar issue. A very close friend of mine felt similar like you do. She ended up aborting her baby. It left me shocked. I hope you don't have any such intention in your mind. Take care of yourself.
This does not seem strange to me at all. I have faced a similar situation. When I got pregnant for the first time, I even felt like I did not want the baby. I got pregnant just after 2 months of my marriage. I wanted to spend more free time with my husband. I wanted to enjoy my life with him. I did not want the baby at such an early stage. I felt like there was no need for this baby. But my husband wanted it. But tbh, when my baby was born, I felt so secure. My love with my daughter developed the second she was born. It was such an unexpected feeling. I am sure you'll start feeling better very soon.
I had a friend tell me she never really believed she was having a baby despite scans etc until it popped out. I think some people are touch it see it then it's real. So quite understandable if you don't think you're bonding. I'm sure you'll be fine when you have the baby
Anon117 wrote:

Oh honey, I guess those are the hormones playing in you. You're still very raw from the events. You've waited for so long you actually can't feel to the full the joy which is coming..I truly believe things will get into their places soon. May your baby be growing strong and healthy. Getting kick into ribs will definitely help!! lol. Wishing you all the best of care and support.
Sign in to follow this topic