Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Can different labs produce different HCG?

Can different labs produce different HCG? Rss

I got my bloods done this morning at my doctors and HCG came back at 23000. I then when to ED for cramping and results came back as 19500. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. Just asking if different labs can result in different HCG levels? Or could this be a miscarriage happening? Thank you
Sorry, unsure on what the answer is to this. But just wanted to see if you're okay? x
Hey there! I hope you're doing fine. Situations like these do terrify us. Usually doctors do say that different HCG results may occur. The main reason for that is that every lab may be using different equipments. This causes a fluctuation in the results. Therefore, keep your hopes high! and think positive. However, do consult with your doctor. Ideally speaking to your HCG should improve in the span of 3 days. Get another blood test. This time from one of the same labs. It is after that you compare your current and previous results. Hopefully there is nothing to worry about. Take care of yourself!
Honestly, I don't know much about this. HCG is important to know and results of HCG matters. You are saying that different labs produce different results. It may occur sometimes. Because of the change in the conditions of your body. After every day many changes occur in our body. That can cause different results. Now you have to visit the doctor first with different reports with you. Your doctor is responsible to tell you all about this.
Hi, hope you are well now. Well, I can assure you that all the laboratories adopt different methods to perform the tests. The equipment can differ, the type of analysis can differ and also the assistant’s rate of practice counts a lot. Your HCG levels keep on going up and down during the pregnancy and it can become risky if the rates are really low. For your satisfaction, consult your gynecologist and keep your diet balanced and well-nourished. In my second pregnancy, my blood levels were mostly and it was because I was anemic before, but yes I had 9-months healthy delivery. Hope you experience the same.
Well dear Hi. how are you? I hope you are doing good. Well, this is not really the symptom. You don't have to be worried about anything. I don't understand the situation quite accurately. I must say that this could be a symptom or this could not be. Well, your results are probably moving towards miscarriage. I don't really want to conclude something. I know that could hurt you allot. No one wants to hurt you here. Just try to be patient and keep calm dear. May you get well soon. Take care allot.
Hello everyone.There is a wide range of normal hCG levels and values and the values are different in blood serum or urine. Urine hCG levels are usually lower than serum (blood) hCG levels. Blood hCG testing is much more sensitive than a urine HPT. This means that the blood test can detect pregnancy several days earlier than the urine test, as early as 2-3 days after implantation or 8-9 days after fertilization. Urine tests measure the urine HCG qualitatively, which means that the HPT results are either "positive" or "negative." Around the time of the first missed period over 95% of HPTs are usually positive. About 85% of normal pregnancies will have the hCG level double every 48 - 72 hours. As you get further along into pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and deliver a perfectly healthy baby. The results on an ultrasound after 5 - 6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers. There are two common types of hCG tests. A qualitative hCG test just looks to see if hCG is present in the blood. A quantitative hCG test (or beta hCG) measures the amount of hCG actually present in the blood. Other than for the diagnosis of pregnancy, hCG is also often monitored over time for reasons such as monitoring after a miscarriage, monitoring an ectopic pregnancy.There is a wide variation of normal hCG levels. An hCG that does not double every two to three days does not necessarily indicate a problem A maximum level is usually reached by the 10th or 11th week. After 10 weeks or so, hCG normally decreases Normal hCG values vary up to 20 times between different pregnancies A single hCG value doesn't give enough information about the viability of the pregnancy
Pregnancies that will miscarry and ectopic (tubal) pregnancies are likely to show lower levels and slower rises but often have normal levels initially. Some normal pregnancies will have quite low levels of hCG.Good luck all!
Sign in to follow this topic