Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Hi there, I am currently 9w 2 days and I am freaking out.

Hi there, I am currently 9w 2 days and I am freaking out. Lock Rss

I am terrified that I will have a miscarriage. I can’t keep my anxiety at bay ( I suffer from depression and anxiety and am medicated for it) Is there anything o can do to try and keep myself calm and also keep positive that by baby will be ok.
Hi, unfortunately miscarriages just happen. There is little that can be done to prevent them. My advice would be to just concentrate on getting though the next day. Just doing it a day at a time.
Anxiety about miscarriage is very common in pregnancy. As the previous member commented, there's nothing you can do about it apart from keep healthy and stay calm. Have you thought about doing yoga or a mindfulness course?

We've got some tips and intro videos here that may help you:
https://www.huggies.com.au/pregnancy/health-and...
It is not only you who are struggling with such kind of thoughts about a miscarriage during pregnancy. But in reality, the risk of miscarriage is probably lower than you think. Remind yourself each time that most miscarriages occur because of chromosomal abnormalities that cannot be prevented; research does not show that exercise, sex or even heavy lifting can cause a miscarriage. There’s a difference between normal worrying and all-consuming anxiety during pregnancy, also known as antenatal anxiety. It’s time to talk to a healthcare provider.

Sign in to follow this topic