Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Travelling to Bali while pregnant

Travelling to Bali while pregnant Lock Rss

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been to Bali while pregnant?
What was it like? How long did you go for?

I am not pregnant yet but we are going late next year for a wedding and we are also planning on being pregnant.

Any advise please

Thanks
I've not been while pregnant but just abit of advice, if you are pregnant when you go, don't drink the water, only drink bottled water, be very careful what you eat, only eat from your resort or buy pre packaged food, or find a place that's run by Australians as there are heaps. That's pretty obvious information anyway and goes for non pregnant people as well. It gets like in the 40's over there temp wise so be extra hydrated if pregnant as well. And be very careful when crossing roads/ walking in the streets, those people on bikes and scooters are crazy drivers and they basically have no road rules! Good luck n have fun on your trip!




SouthCoastChick wrote:
I've not been while pregnant but just abit of advice, if you are pregnant when you go, don't drink the water, only drink bottled water, be very careful what you eat, only eat from your resort or buy pre packaged food, or find a place that's run by Australians as there are heaps. That's pretty obvious information anyway and goes for non pregnant people as well. It gets like in the 40's over there temp wise so be extra hydrated if pregnant as well. And be very careful when crossing roads/ walking in the streets, those people on bikes and scooters are crazy drivers and they basically have no road rules! Good luck n have fun on your trip!


Thank you!

I have been to Thailand before and only would drink bottled water and was pretty fussy about what I would eat, and I know Bali is similar.

I would be extra cautious while pregnant!!

I haven't however I'd think pretty carefully about going there while pregnant. If you're in your second trimester and everything is going well then it should be ok providing you follow what SouthCoastChick already said. First trimester and travel I guess would be ok if you were well and you got an early ultrasound (once a heart beat is seen on an ultrasound the chance of a miscarriage is much lower).

I wouldn't recommend going there from about 24 weeks as if for some reason bub decided to make an early entrance to the world being in Bali could be a disaster (I know the chance of something happening is extremely low but the consequences are just too high).

Also note that you're unlikely to be able to get travel insurance to cover anything pregnancy related. And you certainly can't get insurance for an unborn baby if it came prem.

Personally I wouldn't be going to Bali while pregnant. But if you're happy with the risks then have fun!

Hi, I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and will be going to bali when i am 12 weeks. we booked it around 8 months ago to spend some time with a friend who is coming to visit. i am a little concerned about going but at the same time it's only for a week and i will just be careful with what i eat / drink , my friends obstetrician told her that you can get bali belly and the baby will still be ok, i am not going to take that as a definite though, in my mind more like it could be ok but hopefully i don't get it to need to worry.
makalu wrote:
I haven't however I'd think pretty carefully about going there while pregnant. If you're in your second trimester and everything is going well then it should be ok providing you follow what SouthCoastChick already said. First trimester and travel I guess would be ok if you were well and you got an early ultrasound (once a heart beat is seen on an ultrasound the chance of a miscarriage is much lower).

I wouldn't recommend going there from about 24 weeks as if for some reason bub decided to make an early entrance to the world being in Bali could be a disaster (I know the chance of something happening is extremely low but the consequences are just too high).

Also note that you're unlikely to be able to get travel insurance to cover anything pregnancy related. And you certainly can't get insurance for an unborn baby if it came prem.

Personally I wouldn't be going to Bali while pregnant. But if you're happy with the risks then have fun!


Most travel insurance cover your for the first two trimesters, not the third..

I am only going as we have a wedding which I am in (unless Dr says to stay home of course I will stay home)

Thanks
Jen.J wrote:
Hi, I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and will be going to bali when i am 12 weeks. we booked it around 8 months ago to spend some time with a friend who is coming to visit. i am a little concerned about going but at the same time it's only for a week and i will just be careful with what i eat / drink , my friends obstetrician told her that you can get bali belly and the baby will still be ok, i am not going to take that as a definite though, in my mind more like it could be ok but hopefully i don't get it to need to worry.


Yeah I know so many people ravel while pregnant and they have been fine, just a bit nervous with Bali etc..

Good luck!! x
We have an article on our site about Travelling During Pregnancy. Thought you might be interested in taking a look? smile
I went to Bali for a family wedding when I was around 7 weeks along. We couldn't not go, as the trip was planned for months ahead, and I was in the wedding so there was no getting out of it for me!
The morning sickness had just started to kick in for me, as had the crippling fatigue.
We only went for 6 days, and stayed in a lovely vila not far from Seminyak.
I was really cautious about drinking only bottled water (or just and soft drink if I wanted something else).
Stayed away from fresh juices and things as I you can't be totally sure of what they're putting in them.
Food wise, I ate mostly at restaurants and just ate within the normal pregnancy guidelines, and avoided salads etc. I also stocked up at the local supermarket on snacks for between meals in case I got a bit peckish. I found the best way to keep the nausea at bay was by snacking fairly constantly!
Also just be really careful with massages. If you do get a massage, ensure they are aware that you're pregnant, you go to a reputable massage place, and they use only plain oils, as certain oils can be dangerous for use during pregnancy.
It was a lovely chance to just relax and soak up some sun and have a bit of a rest as at that stage I was SUPER tired.
Just be careful if you choose to go later on in your pregnancy as only some insurance companies cover you beyond a certain point in your pregnancy, and a lot won't cover the baby if he/she comes early and needs medical assistance. Just read the policy wording carefully and you should be ok.

x T
Sign in to follow this topic