Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Unplanned Pregnancy Rss

Hi guys,
I found out I was pregnant with my first baby a few weeks ago and I don't know where to start!
I've been googling what to eat and how to take care of my body but I was wondering if you experienced ladies have any insight for me smile

Also what is everyone's favourite pregnancy books? What helped you the most your first time.

Any feedback or advice would be amazing, please help me grin
If you haven't already make an appointment with your GP.

A funny book, up the duff by caz cook
This page will give you some guidelines on what to eat-
http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/_Documents/...

Exercise is really important during pregnancy, you can youtube some prenatal yoga videos and do them at home and when you get a bit bigger swimming will help you feel less heavy (7-9 months pregnant time)
Walking is also good but don't go too crazy! Speak to your doctor before doing these because I'm not a doctor and I'm only advising based on what I did smile enjoy smile
Thank you everyone for your great replies smile
Congratulations smile

I didn't really make any massive changes, kept doing what I was doing but became a lot more aware of what I was eating, mainly due to horrific morning sickness that didn't really go away all pregnancy! Not sure if it's the same in Aus but the first thing I did was find an LMC, in my case a midwife. The best piece of advice she gave me was not to get too worked up/concerned about doing the right thing, trust your instincts and go with what feels right. In terms of eating, a good rule of thumb is if you have gotten food poisoning from it be careful about eating it. I was wary of chicken for a long time, and avoided things like preprepared salads and anything that might have been sitting there a while. I personally ate sushi but only when I knew it was fresh and hadn't been sitting out, but again trust your instincts, I think your body is pretty good at telling you what you need to eat!

Sleep as much as you can get away with, cos trust me it will be a thing of the past as soon as bubs arrives! Pregnancy yoga can be a really great time to connect with the new life growing inside you, plus it's really great exercise (certainly helped me feel less like an alien hippo!).

Biggest thing though, just enjoy it! You really aren't pregnant for that long in the grand scheme of things (although towards the end it feels like forever) and you're doing the most amazing things a human can do.

Good luck!
Sleep, more fruits and veggies, exercise. Walk every morning 15-20 min then increase later.

smile

Avoid junk food, Sleeping, physical activity and be happy.
Sign in to follow this topic