Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Breech baby at 37 weeks Rss

HI guys,

Im 37 weeks today and am booked in for a c section next wednesday @ 38 weeks, Im ok with the c section. My boy has been breech for months and months now and wondering if there is any chance of him turning before next week? To be realy honest with you I really hope he doesnt turn.

Every movement i feel i stress that hes turning. What are your opinons on him turning before next week?
Just asking now that im a week away.
I wouldn't think so, if he's been like that for months then I would think that he will stay like that for the next week.
Saying that, I have heard of babies turning and then labour starting almost immediately.
Prepare for you section, and if he turns you will probably have a section anyway because it is planned.
I am not sure why you want a c/s, but I would probably address your issues with a natural birth just in case. Then you might not stress so much about wanting him to stay breech.
OC1246 wrote:
I am not sure why you want a c/s, but I would probably address your issues with a natural birth just in case. Then you might not stress so much about wanting him to stay breech.

Excuse me? i have NO issues with having a natural birth, each to their own love.

I like him being breech cause i think its nice with him being so close to my heart. RUDE MUCH!
Felix_Kacirek wrote:
I wouldn't think so, if he's been like that for months then I would think that he will stay like that for the next week.
Saying that, I have heard of babies turning and then labour starting almost immediately.
Prepare for you section, and if he turns you will probably have a section anyway because it is planned.

Thanks for your reply Felix, muchly appreciated smile
Congratulations on your pregnancy smile We have an article on breech births on our site that you may be interested in. I've copied an excerpt from the article below;

It is estimated that around 25% of all babies who are in the breech position after 35 weeks of gestation will turn themselves without any help at all.

Cheers
Huggies Moderators
Enjoy there being not so much pressure on your bladder!
Hope your birth goes well and it is all you dreamed of these last few months, motherhood is the most wonderful job... even if I am now trying to work out how to get texta out of my curtains before our rental inspection!
Kylespeanut wrote:
OC1246 wrote:

Excuse me? i have NO issues with having a natural birth, each to their own love.

I like him being breech cause i think its nice with him being so close to my heart. RUDE MUCH!

errrr......I wasn't trying to be rude. I just noticed that you keep saying you want him to stay breech and you wanted a c/s. I did leap to the conclusion that you had some issues around natural birth due to the nature of your posts.... sorry if I got the wrong story. I was only offering a suggestion that might help your stress regarding your bubs possibly turning. Yes its lovely that their head is close to your heart but a c/s holds a lot more risks then a natural birth, so ideally he would be head down and you could avoid a c/s. Like I said, I don't know why you want a c/s, I was just offering a suggestion. All the best with it. smile
I agree w Evil Alien Squid, usually if they've been head up for months its because they've run out of room to turn. Have u asked ur midwife what would happen if the baby turned earlier than the c/s? My dd1 was breech due to lack of room n im wondering if this one (due nov) will do the same. All the best sweet smile
wolfbaby wrote:
I agree w Evil Alien Squid, usually if they've been head up for months its because they've run out of room to turn. Have u asked ur midwife what would happen if the baby turned earlier than the c/s? My dd1 was breech due to lack of room n im wondering if this one (due nov) will do the same. All the best sweet smile

IF he does turn then I will be induced, not too sure when though - I have gestational diabetes. The people who ive spoken to, M/w, OB and other people said its highly unlikely he will turn but in saying that ive also read that babies can turn at the very last minute.

Last week when I went for a scan I was told that hes already 8lb5oz so maybe he has run out of room, how would i know if i had a bicornuate uterus??? is there a way of finding out?

Hes been head up since early on in pregnancy and as far as i know has never flipped.

Thats Evil Alien Squid and Wolfbaby smile much appreciated smile
Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote:
Just checking in to see if your little guy turned or you had your c/s today?

Hope all is well either way. smile

Hiya, No still breech was meant to have a section today but the hospital was busy with emergencies so waited 7 hours and in the end started vomiting up a shit load of bile and that got the hospital staff noticing me. So waiting to hear from senior midwife to tell me what the day is like tomorrow but have to go in anyway at 7.30 so tomorrow he better be evicted haha
Sign in to follow this topic