Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Amniocentesis Lock Rss

Hello

I have just had a call back telling me i need to go and have a Amniocentesis but i am only 14 weeks i am booked into having one this wed so two days from now , to see if my results are correct or what not has anyone had one this early or not ?? i just want to no and my docotor seems to think its ok so i dunno but i am worried i am 22 so we see

Hello

I have just had a call back telling me i need to go and have a Amniocentesis but i am only 14 weeks i am booked into having one this wed so two days from now , to see if my results are correct or what not has anyone had one this early or not ?? i just want to no and my docotor seems to think its ok so i dunno but i am worried i am 22 so we see

Hi hun, Im 22 aswell, Had an amniosentisis done around the same time with my last pregnancy. was to test for downsyndrome. I had a 1 in 4 chance of it coming back posotive. I was so scared. The people who did it made me feel real relaxed, it felt like a realy painful blood test but was over quickly. once i got dressed and walked out of the room i had pains that felt like period cramps. they said it was normal and to take it easy for the next few days. anyone who gets this procedure done is at risk of a miscarrige, but they will explain it all to you.
I hope it all goes well for you and bub. good luck. x
I had an amnio with my first, when I was 26 years old. Chance of downs was 1 in 126. However, I had the amnio at around 16 weeks (I think, as I was under the impression that was the earliest you could have one) as I was too late to have the CVS. The procedure itself wasn't bad, a little uncomfortable and just had to take it easy for a couple of days after it.

Thanks so much for your replys ladies ,i drove 3 hours for the day to get to the special scan and amnio and waited 20 mins before i got in wonder when i am going to find out the news and got in the lady told me they got all my measurements and everything wrong and went with my orginal date which was the wrong date and matched the wrong results and they were wrong , when she had put the correct information in i no longer needed the amnio so thank lord for that smile !!! i was very happy but how they could stuff such a thing wrong and i am glade i went to such a lovley lady that looked at everything for me and we even got to find out what bub was early !!! so thanks so very much i have had a great outcome and thanks for your replys x

Thanks so much for your replys ladies ,i drove 3 hours for the day to get to the special scan and amnio and waited 20 mins before i got in wonder when i am going to find out the news and got in the lady told me they got all my measurements and everything wrong and went with my orginal date which was the wrong date and matched the wrong results and they were wrong , when she had put the correct information in i no longer needed the amnio so thank lord for that smile !!! i was very happy but how they could stuff such a thing wrong and i am glade i went to such a lovley lady that looked at everything for me and we even got to find out what bub was early !!! so thanks so very much i have had a great outcome and thanks for your replys x

your welcome! glad it went well!!!!!! xx and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Sign in to follow this topic