Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Anyone suffer from Heart Palpitations

Anyone suffer from Heart Palpitations Lock Rss

The last two weeks I have noticed my heart just randomly starts beating really fast and I feel like I can't breathe, it only lasts for about 30 seconds but it still freaks me out.

I read it is quite normal to have heart palpitations during pregnancy, has anyone else suffered from them? I know it's probably not a big deal but I have never had them before and it can be a bit freaky laugh.

I hope I don't have another 20 weeks of them, sometimes I get them about 10 times a day!

Im not preggers now, but I do get palpitations & did through my last pregnancy. They tested me for numerous things but nothing showed up. Doesnt make me feel any better. Every time my heart goes funny I feel like Im gonna die.

Another lady on this forum had them & I believe hers was related to her thyroid? I dont remember any more than that though.
I had heart palpitations during pregnancy and like you I read that it's normal or common... but when I mentioned it to my midwife and obs, thinking they'd just say 'Oh yes, that happens', instead they sent me for an ECG (I think that's what it's called) and then I had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours so they could see what was happening to my heart when I was feeling the palpitations. The tests didn't show anything worrying (thank god).

So... I guess from my experience I'd suggest you should probably talk to your midwife or doctor asap just so they can check that it's nothing to worry about.

Hope it turns out to be nothing smile
Sign in to follow this topic