Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Intense pressure/pain on bladder during the night when needing to pee?!?!

Intense pressure/pain on bladder during the night when needing to pee?!?! Lock Rss

I'm 36wks 3days gone and the last few weeks I've experienced more frequent trips to the loo during the night. This is obviously due to baby's head moving down, however each time I'm waking up in pain. It feels bruised and I'm feeling loads of pressure on my bladder.. Very uncomfortable and hard to explain. Once iv been to the toilet it's still painful, I get back in bed then I usually fall straight back to sleep but it takes a while to get comfy with the bruised achey feeling pressing on my bladder! It Happens 3-5 times a night, not during the day at all. Has anyone else had this happen? My mums had 5 kids and never experienced this :/ I see my midwife Wednesday but thought I'd ask here first. Thanks smile
Sorry to hear, does it hurt when you go ? Could it be an infection. You should get a test done ASAP

http://gustopaleo.com/

I'm 36wks 3days gone and the last few weeks I've experienced more frequent trips to the loo during the night. This is obviously due to baby's head moving down, however each time I'm waking up in pain. It feels bruised and I'm feeling loads of pressure on my bladder.. Very uncomfortable and hard to explain. Once iv been to the toilet it's still painful, I get back in bed then I usually fall straight back to sleep but it takes a while to get comfy with the bruised achey feeling pressing on my bladder! It Happens 3-5 times a night, not during the day at all. Has anyone else had this happen? My mums had 5 kids and never experienced this :/ I see my midwife Wednesday but thought I'd ask here first. Thanks smile

Shuv a cucumber up your minge? That helped my mum.
I would go get it checked out, sound like a possible infection to me. Could be bladder but more likely UTI (Urinary tract Infection).

Very common in pregnant women as baby weight stops complete voiding allowing bacteria to travel back into the urethra.
I'm getting similar experiences and I'm 33 weeks.

If the actual act of peeing isn't hurting you (stinging/burning sensation is probably the best description) then I would say it's unlikely to be a UTI.

I wake up several times a night to pee as well and when I first start to move to get out of bed and walk I feel like I'm bruised and my muscles are locked up in a really awkward and painful way. Then getting settled back into bed again... By the time I've managed to lay down I feel like I need to go again! I know I don't though, so I've come to figure it must be bubs sitting heavy on my bladder and just compressing that area in general.

*sigh* Well, on the bright side, not long to go! If it is really worrying you though then by all means ask at your next antenatal appointment - better to have one less thing to stress about I say smile
It's not a UTI lol, I checked with the midwife it's just the pressure on the bladder! If I'm moaning about this god knows what I'll be like in labour haa
Definitely not fun, but like I said, at least it'll be over soon grin
Sign in to follow this topic