Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Finding out the sex of the baby.

Finding out the sex of the baby. Lock Rss

Well, only in the early stages of prenancy no.2 & DH says he definitly wants to find out the sex of the baby (we did with DD) but i'm still not sure. Do you think it's possible for one partner to know and the other not?

I have a while to think about it i guess, lol.

My bil knew the sex of their last baby and sil didn't and she work it out because he said don't worry about girl names and they had a boy.

My hubby would let it slip and so would i.

We decided to find out sex of baby - the babies grandparents didn't want to know. It is really hard not to let it slip as you start to say 'he or she' instead of 'it'. When the baby comes up in conversation. I think it is possible though.

We decided to find out sex of baby - the babies grandparents didn't want to know. It is really hard not to let it slip as you start to say 'he or she' instead of 'it'. When the baby comes up in conversation. I think it is possible though.

THIS really really REALLY annoys me. There is no way in HELL I would tread on egg shells and not say he/she or show them the clothing/accessories I have bought. They are grandparents, that is all.

My IL's tried this and I said bad freaking luck.
Oh and sorry I should answer the original question..

DH wants to find out too, so I am keen to as well. Any input into the pregnancy and I tend to agree with him.

I think it is hard. My DH let it slip to one of his big mouth friends that we were pregnant so I doubt very much he would be able to keep the sex a secret from me lol.
I wanted to know, dh didn't. So I respected that I probably wouldn't be able to keep it from him and didn't find out.

I'm actually excited by the guessing game now. I don't regret not finding out - and if we had've found out probably wouldn't have regretted that either. smile

I figure I have the rest of it's life knowing what it is so we'll keep part of the pregnancy as a surprise. My gp is excited too - she says we are the minority now and she loves it when couples choose not to find out as it makes that whole "what is it?" question in the labour ward really special.

When my bestie was utd she didn't want to know and her hubby did - so he promised not to tell her. It didn't work..... it's just way too easy to slip up and say he or she. She felt pretty ripped off that she had the surprise taken away from her.

I have my 18week scan in 4 weeks, and I wasn't sure whether or not to find out the sex, as I have with the last 3. Reading this has helped me decide that as this will be my last pregnancy, I will do something different and keep it as a surprise. I am impatient and inquisitive by nature, and the older two kids are dying to find out if it's the girl they want (DH wants another boy) but I think I will be selfish and keep it a surprise. Just a quick question, once the scan is over do they record the sex on your clinical notes anyway, whether you want to know the sex or not?

I don't think they do Shell-Lee. There wouldn't be a medical reason for them to find out unless there was some kind of abnormality with the genitals! smile

I don't think they do Shell-Lee. There wouldn't be a medical reason for them to find out unless there was some kind of abnormality with the genitals! smile

Thanks, chalys + 1. Looks like I'm not gonna find out til I push it out.

I wanted to know, dh didn't. So I respected that I probably wouldn't be able to keep it from him and didn't find out.

I'm actually excited by the guessing game now. I don't regret not finding out - and if we had've found out probably wouldn't have regretted that either. smile

I figure I have the rest of it's life knowing what it is so we'll keep part of the pregnancy as a surprise. My gp is excited too - she says we are the minority now and she loves it when couples choose not to find out as it makes that whole "what is it?" question in the labour ward really special.

When my bestie was utd she didn't want to know and her hubby did - so he promised not to tell her. It didn't work..... it's just way too easy to slip up and say he or she. She felt pretty ripped off that she had the surprise taken away from her.

Im exactly the same, I wanted to find out but DH didnt so we didnt find out! Im so glad we didnt, I cant wait for the big surprise!! It makes it sooo much more exciting! Its also fun to hear what everyone else thinks you are having! Also everything you buy is unisex so you can reuse it all for all your children!!!
Everyone I know thats pregnant or just had babies found out the sex, My DH always says there are no more surprises in life if you find out the sex, I guess he's right! And plus they can always get the sex wrong!
I really don't regret finding out the sex of DS... I wanted to find out but DF didn't. He let me have my way and we decided that If one of us knew, then both should.
I think you need to be in it together, otherwise it just gets so hard and complicated keeping a secret! Especially if you tell, or let slip to other people, I know some don't choose to do this but imagine if one of your friends or family ruined the surprise? It'd be awful.

If you really want a surprise I'd be stuck into convincing your husband to not find out smile
I think that we will both find out, I don't think he could keep it a secret for long anyway, lol. Our compromise will be if I let him find out, I get to choose the name! We'll see how that goes. smile

Sign in to follow this topic