Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. women milking pregnancy cravings

women milking pregnancy cravings Rss

I was just watching T.V and that servo add comes on where the guy is buying all this random food and gets home to his pregnant wife/girlfriend/whatever she is tongue

I have a good friend who, when pregnant wakes her DH up in the middle of the night to drive to macca's for nuggets while she stays in bed and waits for him to get home???

Now this is my 2nd preganncy, and I like any other pregnant woman crave different foods but I could not be inconsiderate enough to wake my DH up to go and get me that food, or send him on random shopping trips for it either unless he is already going out for some reason.

does it bug anyone else pregnant woman taking advantage of being pregnant to have their partners and everyone else be their slaves???

Yes and no wink with this pregnancy I wasn't too bad and whatever I wanted I would make or buy but with the first one I had round the clock sickness and would ask DH to go get baked vegies from red roosters or mashed potato (cos it didn't hurt coming up!!) I couldn't drive with the last one as I was so sick and would vomit up water so was in bed the whole time poor DH would have to help me out. He was never woken from his sleep though smile

IMO if the pregnant woman wants something but is capable of driving/making it then she shouldn't take advantage but a one off it is nice for the DHs to look after us tongue

Yes and no wink with this pregnancy I wasn't too bad and whatever I wanted I would make or buy but with the first one I had round the clock sickness and would ask DH to go get baked vegies from red roosters or mashed potato (cos it didn't hurt coming up!!) I couldn't drive with the last one as I was so sick and would vomit up water so was in bed the whole time poor DH would have to help me out. He was never woken from his sleep though smile

IMO if the pregnant woman wants something but is capable of driving/making it then she shouldn't take advantage but a one off it is nice for the DHs to look after us tongue

100% agree...should probably meantion that if a person is really sick....kind of different, and your not milking it....you have a reason for needing a certain type of food.

i'm referring to the girls that feel pretty ok, but do the whole 'oh honey can you go get me mm's from the shop....the baby wants it' kinda crap!!!

Sheesh, what are men for then? They don't have to carry around or give birth to the baby so there should be some consolation for us!! Hahaha, honestly i'm not one of those that makes DF do that but I don't hold it against anyone who does laugh

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

100% agree...should probably meantion that if a person is really sick....kind of different, and your not milking it....you have a reason for needing a certain type of food.

i'm referring to the girls that feel pretty ok, but do the whole 'oh honey can you go get me mm's from the shop....the baby wants it' kinda crap!!!

Oh yeah, that's not right lol I say it as a joke all the time - "can you fold the clothes and wash up - the baby wants you to" tongue

well i say why the hell not milk it! we are the ones that have to go through 40 weeks of upheaval to our bodies not to mention mentally and emotionally. then go through labour and birth. then breastfeeding.

that's what being in a marrige/partnership is all about, give and take, taking the good with the bad and being there for ech other.

i will say i have never woken my dh in the middle of the night to go the maccas but occasionally i will say gee i've had a craving for this all day and he willingly goes and gets it.

it doesn't frustrate me if other women take advantage of being pregnant i kind think, well good on you, this is about the best reason a woman has.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

I agree that yes, a lot of women milk preggy cravings. ESPECIALLY when it is something like maccas or chocolate or coke. The baby doesn't need that crap, there is little nutritional value in it that the body will be lacking through nourishing the body so its just a quick energy fix.
I don't think its nice to wake up DH/DP in the middle of the night to go out and get take aways. Thats just using pregnancy as an excuse to be a pain in the a$$.
I don't think I would wake DH up in the middle of the night but he is happy to go out to get whatever I want! He gets himself a burger or whatever too smile

DH is happy to get something from the shops if im craving it. But i dont milk it he takes care of me so i dont need to.

My sister on the other hand thinks im craving something everytime i eat lol. i politly tell her no im just hungry sheesh
i hate that add only because my partner would defintely not do it for me unless he was already out or coming home from work it only involved the servo lol.
luckily my cravings are standard boring things so not midnight pickles or anything for me tongue
When did we become as hopeless as not being able to get ourselves a snack?

I'm fiercely proud if my ability to weather through whatever is given to me... and in terms of what I can and can't do, nothing has changed apart from things taking me a bit longer.

I hate when women use pregnancy as an excuse in general. Yes I wouldn't say that a pregnant woman should move heavy furniture around etc - but its not an illness and arms and legs still work quite well!

I have found my hubby to be surprisingly helpful. He is helpful because he knows I won't ask for help and instead will pitch in and help with what I'm doing without me asking - and that is the reward I get for not complaining. It feels good that he actually wants to help out, and its not because I've sat around moaning and groaning about things. I'm not meaning that he helps ALL the time, but he has definately picked up his game.

As for maccas in the middle of the night..... that's pathetic.

Yes it does annoy me that women expect their DH's to get up in the middle of the night for Maccas!

The only thing I have ever really 'craved' is ice cold water and ice cubes. I have no understanding of 'cravings' whatsoever. I can hardly stomach anything at all.

HOWEVER, for the first trimester of my last pregnancy and so far in this one I have been VERY sick. I expect my DH to do HEAPS more at these times. It's only for 6 weeks, it's not going to kill him and doesn't mean I am lazy or 'weak'.

If he changes DS's nappy or does the dishes or cooks a meal it is one less thing that sets me off vomiting. When I'm vomiting nearly a dozen times a day, keeping what little I can down is highly important for mine and our babies health.

The times when I am not pregnant I cook three meals a day, wash, iron and fold all of our clothes, make sure he has a nice clean house to come home to, raise his child and all the other duties that come with being a Mum and Housewife. I never ask for his help or act like a martyr.

I have still been dealing with night time wakings and early mornings with DS, making his food and putting him to bed. I try and use all the energy I have to be the best Mum possible to him. If the house is lacking and DH is doing more home duties then so be it.

I don't feel like I am milking my pregnancy at all...I would rather do 3 times the amount of housework for a year than suffer from another week of this blasted nauseas and vomiting.

Sorry a little off topic but you get that wink
Sign in to follow this topic