Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

NATURAL INDUCTION METHODS Rss

Hello Mummas,

Just wondering if any of you tried natural induction methods at home that helped you either ripen or go into labour?? Because of a kidney stone & stent bub needs to be born before 40wks(boxing day)so my MW wants to do a s&s at about 38wks. If this doesn't work the only option is chemical induction which i def want to avoid. My mw is happy for me to try things from 37wks to hopefully avoid proper induction at 39.....any ideas would be great smile

nothing worked for me vick but iv heard the most effective ones are sex and accupuncture. mayb worth a try..... i so hope he comes early for you. how many weeks are u now?????

nothing worked for me vick but iv heard the most effective ones are sex and accupuncture. mayb worth a try..... i so hope he comes early for you. how many weeks are u now?????

I wouldnt know from personal experience, but agree with the above, I've heard sex is a good one and I know a couple people who have taken hot baths smile good luck
I did absolutely EVERYTHING!!!!

Every trick in the book from eating pineapple, curries, having sex, acupuncture, swinging on swings at the playground, bumpy rides in the ute, castor oil, evening primrose oil, acupressure, black and blue cohosh, raspberry tea, ETC ETC ETC!!!

Nothing worked, I think when bubs is ready, it will come (or in my case, be forced out at 42+ 6)
GLA is an excellent supply of prostaglandins. Prostaglandin is a body hormone that can help in softening the cervix and eventually prepare it for labor. The regular intake of evening primrose oil benefits can provide you with enough GLA, which assists open the cervix and provoke contraction. Thus, makes labor much, much easier for the mother and the baby.
Sign in to follow this topic