Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Question Rss

hello ladies,

Are you able to get a hot chicken from coles or woolworths and eat while u are pregnant...I am 11 weeks today.

hello ladies,

Are you able to get a hot chicken from coles or woolworths and eat while u are pregnant...I am 11 weeks today.

Personally I wouldn't.

You never know how long they have been sitting there in the warmer.

I used to work in Coles(never in the Deli! Thank God! Yuk!) and some stores are great. They would mark them down every few hours and sell them off. Others would leave them there all day for well over 12 hrs.

No Way!!

At one of my last pregnancy classes they said those chickens are one of the worst things you can possibly eat. As pp said they have been sitting for too long at possibly not a hot enough temp. Buy a chook and roast it yourself!

I feel your pain though, one of my fav things on a weekend is to go grab a hot chook, some rolls and a tub of pasta salad (also off the pregnancy menu!!). Delicious!!!!!
I agree with the others - I wouldn't. they are a lot riskier than cooking it yourself.

I missed hot chickens with cheese buns and potato salad soooo much while pregnant... damm now I want one now!
Sorry Ladies for making you all want chickens from the supermarket.....but they sound so good there is so much you cant eat while pregnant its not funny.
I dont know how I am going to go at christmas time though as the family is cooking all the food the day before it as its going to be a big christmas for us all...

Sorry Ladies for making you all want chickens from the supermarket.....but they sound so good there is so much you cant eat while pregnant its not funny.
I dont know how I am going to go at christmas time though as the family is cooking all the food the day before it as its going to be a big christmas for us all...

That happened to me a couple of years ago.

We went to mums house and they were meeting my mums partner and his family for lunch later that day. They were camping so mum prepared everything the night before and took it up there. So the night before I went to Woolies bought my own roast and got up in the morning and cooked it myself!

My mum used to be so much more considerate of these things but as her partners daughter is a nurse, apparently she knows everything!!! Don't you know it's o.k. to eat cold meat???

No thanks!

I don't care if it was rude! I'm not going to put my baby at risk for them!

Mind you, everyone ate mine because it was hot and nicer!!! Luckily it wasn't too small!

This was kind of the final straw for us. I took the kids up there to spend Christmas with nanna the way we used to do it but it was all about getting everything ready to take camping. My mum has spent the last four Christmas' with them camping. We now refuse to go away for Christmas. It just becomes a nightmare everytime!

I ate hot chooks through both my pregnacies, I have never heard not to. They write the time on them now when they come out of the oven so you do know how long they have been there and I dont know about you but all the cooked chooks I have taken home have been way to hot to eat straight up so I dont know how it could be harmful.
When I was preggers I was told not to eat the hot chooks from woolies or Coles or other supermarkets that cook them. Many different reasons as to why you shouldn't, i dont remember so you might want to ask your gp. I guess everyone's diff, some may say its ok some say no, it's up to you but as I said, best to ask your gp
You'd be better off just cooking a roast chook yourself, that's what I did. Even better than the deli cooked ones! smile

That happened to me a couple of years ago.

We went to mums house and they were meeting my mums partner and his family for lunch later that day. They were camping so mum prepared everything the night before and took it up there. So the night before I went to Woolies bought my own roast and got up in the morning and cooked it myself!

My mum used to be so much more considerate of these things but as her partners daughter is a nurse, apparently she knows everything!!! Don't you know it's o.k. to eat cold meat???

No thanks!

I don't care if it was rude! I'm not going to put my baby at risk for them!

Mind you, everyone ate mine because it was hot and nicer!!! Luckily it wasn't too small!

This was kind of the final straw for us. I took the kids up there to spend Christmas with nanna the way we used to do it but it was all about getting everything ready to take camping. My mum has spent the last four Christmas' with them camping. We now refuse to go away for Christmas. It just becomes a nightmare everytime!

I hear you!! Every year our family does a buffet style of cold meats, prawns etc for lunch at christmas (not to mention that fact that most of the adults get rolling drunk at dinner). This year I won't have told anyone that we are pregnant yet so I'm wondering how I get out of that one!
hi there, ive eaten them when there hot hot but dont touch anything thats just warm or been sitting there for ages.
with my 1st pregnancy at about 34 wks my hubby n i got KFC for dinner (didnt cross my mind that it woulda been sitting in the heat thingys!) and i got food poisioning from it, hubby was fine but i got really sick ended up in hospital. i was throwing up that much i started having contractions and got to 2cm dialated. was in there for at least 3 days non stop spewing was awfull, luckily DD stayed put and was fine.
so trust me just avoid any chicken thats been sitting there!!!
(oh n i havent had KFC since put off 4 life!)
Sign in to follow this topic