Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

MOXIBUSTION......!!?? Lock Rss

Has anyone on here tried Moxibustion?

My bubs is still breech at 36 weeks so today I tried moxibustion for the first time, I didn't realise I would have to do it myself and got sent home with a stick of herbs to burn by my little toe...

Well I have just tried it and almost burnt my little toe - ouch! and stunk the whole place out. sad

has anyone else tried this successfully?
I never had to but I know people who did and it worked so keep trying!!! They all said the same thing too - smelly and burny! LOL
Desperate times huh!!

[img]

Has anyone on here tried Moxibustion?

My bubs is still breech at 36 weeks so today I tried moxibustion for the first time, I didn't realise I would have to do it myself and got sent home with a stick of herbs to burn by my little toe...

Well I have just tried it and almost burnt my little toe - ouch! and stunk the whole place out. sad

has anyone else tried this successfully?

There is a study that was done somewhere on one of the NZ district health board's and the result was about 1 in every 3 breech babies turn from moxibustion and it is highely recommended by medwifery councils. I hope that helps.
I did it but he never turned for me! and it did smell bad! its worth a try=)
Either it worked for my friend, or it was the acupuncture that she tried around the same time! Fingers crossed for you smile

Either it worked for my friend, or it was the acupuncture that she tried around the same time! Fingers crossed for you smile

Proper moxibustion is a combination of both acupuncture and aromatheropy so it would have been part of moxibustion.
I highly rate Moxibustion!!

DD was breech at 37 weeks. I got DP to do the sticks. I didnt think it was possible to do yourself smile

He did 10 minutes one toe. 10 minutes the other toe. Then both feet together. I felt DD turn while we were doing it. Very obvious it was slightly painful.

Scan the next day showed a head down & engaged baby grin
Sign in to follow this topic