Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

soft tummy Lock Rss

i went for my 36 wk check up and was having really bad braxton hicks contractions the doctor told me my stomach felt pretty soft have no idea what he ment by it does this mean labour is on its way or the baby is farley engaged????
When I had BH my tummy went really hard. Maybe he just meant that if you were having proper contractions it would be hard??

i went for my 36 wk check up and was having really bad braxton hicks contractions the doctor told me my stomach felt pretty soft have no idea what he ment by it does this mean labour is on its way or the baby is farley engaged????

Did they say anything else, like they want you to come in more regularly or have a scan or anything? The only thing I can think that would make it "soft" would be if your leaking amniotic fluid. Might pay to call them and ask what they meant, I'm sure they won't mind explaining it to you.
No it would just be that they are not worried that you are having real contractions because your tummy gets harder in labour. There is obviously plenty of room for bubs to keep growing and you shouldn't worry.

If they told you to come in more often or anything then worry but Id just take it easy and relax cos soon you'll have a bub in your arms!!!

[img]

Sign in to follow this topic