Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

midwife Rss

Hey
im almost 9wks and need to book in with a midwife just wondering if anyone has any recommendations i live on the northshore.. my son was born in the uk and there we are given a midwife and dont have to find our own...

Hey
im almost 9wks and need to book in with a midwife just wondering if anyone has any recommendations i live on the northshore.. my son was born in the uk and there we are given a midwife and dont have to find our own...

Do you know what hospital you are going to give birth in? Once you figure that out generally when you go to book into the hospital they will help you with a midwife and whatever else you need!

Good luck smile

Do you know what hospital you are going to give birth in? Once you figure that out generally when you go to book into the hospital they will help you with a midwife and whatever else you need!

Good luck <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

I geuss you live in OZ paulagiraldi?

Here in NZ you find a midwife and then they do all the booking with the hospital not the other way around. I would highely recommend searching through the midwifery council midwife registra for a midwife with an upto date APC (anuall practise cert), you can see if they have been suspendid ect too. Once you have made a list of midwives that are suitable look there numbers up in the phone book or on the net and make meet and greet appointments with the ones that have a space free when you are due, then make a list of questions for each and once you have done your meet and greets pick the one that best suites you and that you feel comfortable with.
Here is a link for the register.
You could also look up birthing units in your area on the net as most of them will have a list of midwives they have contracts with (run some clinics through) and the contact details.
Sign in to follow this topic