Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Advice please...i think i might be suffering prenatal depression

Advice please...i think i might be suffering prenatal depression Lock Rss

Hi to all the mums out there. I need some advice!!!
I think I may be suffering from prenatal depression. I have only been feeling like this the last couple of days and I am so confused.
I already have one child so it's not like it is my first. I constantly feel like crying...about ANYTHING! I am moody and irritable all the time. My partner doesn't seem to think that anything is wrong with me..he just thinks that I am a whinger and am sulking all the time. I know that I can't talk to him about it, and family lives in another state. Please help.. I don't know what to do!

kel

Hi Kel,

I can't speak for everyone else, but i know exactly how you feel and to me, I think it is just those damn hormones.

I cry for no reason, but laugh when someone asks me what is wrong and I can choke out "I don't know" or "nothing is wrong". How stupid, crying for no reason.

I have become the biggest sook while I am pregnant and I did the same with my last pregnancy. I even called in sick today as I couldn't stop crying this morning - now I just tired from crying.

All I can put it down to is being stressed and over tired and then you throw all those pregnancy hormones in. It's a reason for anyone to cry.

Don't worry, you are not alone. I bet there is alot of other women out there who feel the same.

I have heard about Ante-Natal depression, so if you have been like this for too long, it might be worth talking to a doctor.

I too have no family here in Brisbane and all my family live in Sydney and below.

The most frustrating thing about this is that this is not me. I am usually well controlled and i work in a very male dominated field and therefore i need to be strong. Its so annoying when you have down days that you feel like telling yourself to pull it together.

Try to look on the bright side. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a new day of emotions.

If you need someone to talk to just PM me. Sometimes our DP's just don't understand things like this, especially when we can not explain them to ourselves.

Chin Up & Take Care

Lyss

Sign in to follow this topic