Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Ask Our Midwife Your Pregnancy Questions

Ask Our Midwife Your Pregnancy Questions Rss

Hi to all our members,

Just to let you know that our midwife Alex, is available to answer your Pregnancy questions in our new look Help Panel, now located in our Being a Parent section of the Huggies website.

Our Pregnancy & Birth forum combined with the guidance from Alex will help you stay informed through the exciting 9 months of pregnancy and the birth of your child.

Also, don't forget to sign up to the Huggies Mum To Be Club to receive regular newsletters relevant to your stage of pregnancy.

Also check out our great
Week by week Pregnancy guide

We hope that having all of these resources at your finger tips will help to make your pregnancy and birth a great experience.

Kind regards
The Huggies Team
Hi,
I am 36 weeks pregnant & the last couple of nights I've been having major issues with sleeping. I've been having sharp/crampy/striking pains in my vagina... more towards the outside on the left hand side.
It comes and goes every hour or few hours lasting for minutes? It's hard to explain.
I don't have a midwife appt until next week but I just thought I'd ask the question here and see if I got any replies from other women who have experience this or whatever?!

Thanks in advance,

J x smile
I've been having the same pains over the past week or so. They can get so severe that it stops me doing whatever I'm doing at the time. I'm 41 weeks this friday, I thought that perhaps they were just more braxton hicks. If anyone does know the answer though I'd be interested too! smile
Im 33 weeks and have been getting the same pains for about 3 weeks now but it usally is only in the mornins when i get up and usally only lasts half the day. What causes it?
Hi not sure where to post this as never seem to ger response..
I have been having trouble with period etc but yesterday i had throbbing in vagina area felt like pressue or being punched.. n lower tummy pain any ideas.. and good lukc ladies with pregnancy
hi, im currently 25 wks pregnant and i really cant sleep till 2am yet im soo very tired im not stressed or worried about anytg at all in fact this would be my least stressful pregnancy so far.....yet i still cant sleep????
Hey,

Im almost 13 weeks pregnant and I get a random stabbing, short pains all around different areas of my stomach and uterus. i understand it is normal to get pains either side of your uterus but theses pains aren't always there. It is usually worse after going bathroom if I have needed to for a while, or after sex sometimes. Was just wondering if you knew what it is.

|Thanks

Hey,

Im almost 13 weeks pregnant and I get a random stabbing, short pains all around different areas of my stomach and uterus. i understand it is normal to get pains either side of your uterus but theses pains aren't always there. It is usually worse after going bathroom if I have needed to for a while, or after sex sometimes. Was just wondering if you knew what it is.

|Thanks

I had a little bit of that around 16-17 weeks but all good and i'm now 36w 4d. If you are really worried go to your midwife or doctor. Good luck.

Hi,
I am 36 weeks pregnant & the last couple of nights I've been having major issues with sleeping. I've been having sharp/crampy/striking pains in my vagina... more towards the outside on the left hand side.
It comes and goes every hour or few hours lasting for minutes? It's hard to explain.
I don't have a midwife appt until next week but I just thought I'd ask the question here and see if I got any replies from other women who have experience this or whatever?!

Thanks in advance,

J x smile

Hey I am getting the same problem, i've been told by a antenatal physio that it is just the pressure of your baby and uterus stretching your ligaments and muscles. Is the pain like stabbing when you try to get up and move around to quickly, or on your feet to long, and sometimes after sex.
Hi,
My doc told me today that i was 5/52 gravid,what dose this mean ?
Im 13 weeks and bled after sex last night. is this normal?
Sign in to follow this topic