Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. I don’t want another baby but DH does

I don’t want another baby but DH does Lock Rss

Hey! I hope you're okay. These things are really common. They happen in every relationship. You shouldn't let it get to you. The best way of dealing with it is by talking. Communicate it to him. Tell him all of this. If you do half as good a job explaining as you did, right now, it'll all be perfect. You can do this, I'm sure of it. Good luck to you. This is absolutely nothing. May, what's best for you, happen! My prayers are with you. You lucky, lucky people, who have the luxury to argue about second babies!
Isabelwilliams0001 wrote:
This is really tough. I hope you are doing any better. What are you really doing to cope up with the anxiety? I think once you cope up with this you will have no problem in agreeing to what your husband wants. Give your mind a little break. A little peace will help you take a better decision. This can be only be sorted out when you talk to him. Take him to his favourite restaurant, or go for watching a movie or either make him his favourite food and then talk about what you want. Express your feelings. And, then listen to his thoughts. Take your time and then come to a final decision. Think about the pros and cons. Mutually decide what you guys really want. I hope this can be of any help. Take care! And, best of luck!!

I have been seeing a psychologist regularly to work through me feelings and how to deal with
LexiB wrote:
Hey there, hope youre good. i can really understand where youre coming from. People dont understand anxiety. They think that people who suffer from anxiety are just exagerrating stress. They dont understand how finding yourself shaking and trembling in situations where you should be showing strength can be destructive for your self esteem. But i think that you should hold your ground and put your foot down. Its your body and its your choice. Dont let him control you. Also communicate with him. Tell him that how having babies is not in your cards right now. If he doesnt respect you then i think you deserve better. Not having siblings isnt unfair to your daughter. He just knows how to play with words. Please take care of your health and dont bend. I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you to everyone for your responses. I am seeing a psychologist regularly and doing my best to deal with my thoughts and feelings. I have made a lot of progress since this all hit me but I still have some way to go. It is true that many people do not understand anxiety, including my husband. In fact, it took me awhile to wrap my head around what was going on and even then there are still some days that I don't understand.
However, my anxiety doesn't change the fact that I have made up my mind about not wanting anymore kids and I don't want to be pushed into something I don't want to do. I feel so bad that this is my worry when people are struggling to conceive but I keep reminding myself I have to do what is best for myself and my family.

I did bring this up with my psychologist and even she told me that I need to do what is best for me and not let myself be manipulated into having more children. My DD is happy and healthy and that is all that matters. It's my anxiety that tries to pull me back my tricking me into other thoughts.
Hey, do what is right for you! Dont let anyone make you feel guilty or bad. This is a really important decision to make and no one should be forcing you into it. You will have to clearly tell him that you are not ready yet. It's important to tell him the reason for this decision. I hope he understands. Dont be so hard on yourself. Good luck to you.
Sign in to follow this topic