Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Pregnant with older children Rss

Has anyone had problems with their older children playing up while your pregnant? I have a five and six year old boy. All they do is fight and cry and scream. It’s so hard to get a minute peace and when I’m not feeling too flash I get a bit anxious and angry. How do you control your emotions while your pregnant while handling older children. I’m not shy in saying I am struggling and it’s only week 4!
Hey there! I just came across your post. I hope everything is going fine on your side. Firstly, Congratulations to you on your third pregnancy! Can I please say how lucky and blessed you are? Although I'm sorry that you're having a hard time managing stuff. Secondly, I can give you some tips on how I managed my child when I was expecting another one. My friend told me to hire a nanny for my son, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to afford it back then. If you can afford a nanny, that's really a relief! But if you can't then ask your husband to give some of his time to the boys. Keep each of them busy in different activities and don't let them sit together. Try and make food available to them all the time so that they don't feel cranky because of hunger and cry. Be a little strict on them so that they don't scream uselessly and be afraid that you'd scold them. Make them understand that you're not well so they have to behave. I'm sure this will help you. All the best!
Hey firstly congratulations on your pregnancy. I can understand your feelings. However, just be prepared for more craziness. Kids are like that. You will get used to of it very soon. You just have to deal with them with calmness. Best of luck with your pregnancy. I hope everything goes smoothly.
Hey there Dear. I am really happy for you. Elevated emotions are very natural during this time. I know how things can get hard. However, you can do certain exercises to help you calm down. I wish you good luck. I hope you get what you want. take care and lots of love.
Congrats on your pregnancy first of all. Well, yeah! That happens! Stay strong! I understand that's getting harder. Just ask someone to help them/ babysit them. Stay stress-free! Keep going! Wish you all the best!
Hi, I'm sad to read you're facing this emotion. But, firstly, let me tell you a couple of words as for vitamins/supplements (As those might also impact your mood.) You need to take folic acid for at least the first three months and vitamin D for the whole of your pregnancy and beyond. Taking folic acid reduces the risk of your baby developing a neural tube defect such as spina bifida. Some women need to take a higher dose of 5mg per day, so check with your GP or midwife what the best dose is for you. You also need a daily supplement of 10mcg of vitamin D. Vitamin D is important for the development of your baby’s skeleton and future bone health. If you’re worried you’re not eating well, or you’re too sick to eat much, you may want to take your folic acid and vitamin D in a multivitamin. If your diet is good but you don’t eat fish, you could take a fish oil supplement. Choose a supplement labelled omega-3 oil rather than fish liver oil. This is because fish liver oils, such as cod liver oil, may contain the retinol form of vitamin A, which may harm your unborn baby. Talk to your GP about all those things.
Secondly, doing gentle exercise: It helps you to cope with changes to your posture and strains on your joints during pregnancy. Helps you to stay a healthy weight, although it's normal to put on some weight during pregnancy. Helps to protect you against pregnancy complications, such as high blood pressure. Increases your chance of a straightforward labour and birth. Makes it easier for you to get back into shape after your baby is born. Boosts your mood if you're feeling low.
Finally, to unwind before going to bed, or to get back to sleep during the night, try a relaxation technique, such as: yoga, stretching, deep breathing, visualisation, massage.
As for the stress you're facing now - I'm sure things will go to their places soon. I want to believe your dh is the one to help you out the best with kids' not desired behaviour.
Hello. First of all, congratulations. This is great news. Kids like yours are very moody at this age. They would get cranky because of the smallest things. It is going to be hard to deal with this during your pregnancy. But you are strong enough. I'm sure you can do it. Get your husband to help out. Good luck with it.
Sign in to follow this topic