Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. Student midwife looking to build supportive relationships during your journey

Student midwife looking to build supportive relationships during your journey Lock Rss

I am currently studying my 3rd year of nursing and midwifery at the University of Queensland. The degree requires students to follow women throughout their pregnancy. Follow through experiences provides midwifery students with an opportunity to support women and their families through their pregnancy, birthing and postnatal period. These experiences are essential for student midwives to develop their skills and expand their knowledge.

Understandably, the pregnancy journey is a very personal experience for yourself and your loved ones. My ambition is to provide you and your family with ongoing support and help you achieve a positive experience. The development of such supportive relationships is highly beneficial in both pregnancy and during the post partum period. The program allows continuity of care (a familiar face) and the development of a trusting and supportive relationship.

If you are interested (or know of someone who might be interested) and are birthing at a Brisbane (or surrounding area) hospital, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!

Paige Bennet

paige.bennet@uqconnect.edu.au
Hi Paige,
What would be required of the mum-to-be?
Thanks Mich85 for yor reply,

As part of my degree I am required to attend 5 antenatal (or as many visits as you and your family feel comfortable), the birth and 2 postnatal visits. On the mum-to-be part, I would just need to be notified of the times and dates of the appointments that you would like me to attend.

If you are still interested, my email address is paige.bennet@uqconnect.edu.au and I can provide you with my phone number through and any additional information you would like.

Many Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.
Sign in to follow this topic