Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. 2nd Pregnancy - Baby boy - Are My Hormones Crazy?

2nd Pregnancy - Baby boy - Are My Hormones Crazy? Rss

Hi,

this is my second pregnancy. 1st was a girl and the entire 9months seemed a breeze and relaxed. This time round 4 months in and we're having a boy - I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience in feeling extremely hormonal (angry more than anything) when having a boy or am I just loosing the plot!?? smile My husband and I just seem to argue all the time which is not normal for us and during the arguement I almost loose control... help?
I asctually logged on here tonight (in tears) to see if I could find any posts about this. I have a 14 month DD and am now 16 weeks pregnant. I am completely with you on everything you said. I'm concerned I might have post natal depression because I don't think you can get Pre-natal depression.
Sorry I can't help or offer any solutions but I think we're in the same boat.
Don't know yet if Im having a boy or girl this time but have been much sicker this time and not coping at all well with this pregnancy.
Ive had 2 girls and am now preggers with a boy. To be honest i think i was moody with all of them!! I know this time around i go for a few days feeling a little crazy but it passes. I just try to stay out of his way, the worst is that its school holidays so i need to be thoughtful of my kids and try not to snap there heads off for no reason. My seven year old ussually takes a lot patience at the best of times and i just dont seem to have much at the moment. I try to stay off there backs as much as possible and on my good days take them out for a day of fun occasionally. But im always tired lately! Being tired allso affects how crazy i feel.....

If you girls are like me you will feel better around 6 months then go back to crazy near the end...he he
I feel the same - my first was a girl and I was fine throughout it all.

This time it is a boy and I feel like I am a walking basketcase! I snap for no reason and am a right moody b*tch! lol

Thank god theres not that much longer to go - so I can return to being a normal human being lol

My first is a boy and I wasn't moody at all for that pregnancy, apart from being pretty sick I felt exactly the same with emotions. This time I've been so angry for absolutely no reason at all. I've been snaping at my DH too (and we never argue either). But in the last week or so I'm starting to feel less emotional. I don't think it has anything to do with what sex you're having, just that every pregnancy is different.

I agree - I think it has more to do with the fact it's your second pregnancy smile
I am defnitely more hormonal this time, and am putting it down to the fact I am chasing an 18mth old around as well and haven't the time to rest that I had before (even though I was working FT at 36 weeks).
My hubby isn't helping - being the non-confrontational type he runs for cover t the first sign of anything unharmonious - which just fuels the rage..ha ha

So will be VERY glad when bubs is finally here & I can physically pass them to daddy to look after while I go looking for my sanity grin

Steph

Mum to Oliver 12.07.07 and Bubs #2 due 24.02.09

I am with you ladies, i am week 22 in my 2nd pregnancy 20 year age gap between my pregnancies, i had a girl 1st time and was just as hormonal and am having a girl this time. I can relate to the constant fighting it is every day and if i don't desire to smash something i am in tears. I feel out of control, i am still working shift work 40 hours a week, and at the young age of 41 yrs i am shattered which probably doesn't help. Males are not always that great at seeing what needs to be done around the house, and i get right sh**y when i have to spell things out, so end up doing it myself. I also have a 7 yr old stepdaughter who lives with us full time. Am doing better at not getting short at her.
After reading all of these, i think we are all blossoming very normal pregnant woman, with hormones from h**l, which we just need to remind ourselves it can only get better and remember our precious little bundles at the end of all this.
I am with you ladies, i am week 22 in my 2nd pregnancy 20 year age gap between my pregnancies, i had a girl 1st time and was just as hormonal and am having a girl this time. I can relate to the constant fighting it is every day and if i don't desire to smash something i am in tears. I feel out of control, i am still working shift work 40 hours a week, and at the young age of 41 yrs i am shattered which probably doesn't help. Males are not always that great at seeing what needs to be done around the house, and i get right sh**y when i have to spell things out, so end up doing it myself. I also have a 7 yr old stepdaughter who lives with us full time. Am doing better at not getting short at her.
After reading all of these, i think we are all blossoming very normal pregnant woman, with hormones from h**l, which we just need to remind ourselves it can only get better and remember our precious little bundles at the end of all this.
I am with you ladies, i am week 22 in my 2nd pregnancy 20 year age gap between my pregnancies, i had a girl 1st time and was just as hormonal and am having a girl this time. I can relate to the constant fighting it is every day and if i don't desire to smash something i am in tears. I feel out of control, i am still working shift work 40 hours a week, and at the young age of 41 yrs i am shattered which probably doesn't help. Males are not always that great at seeing what needs to be done around the house, and i get right grumpy when i have to spell things out, so end up doing it myself. I also have a 7 yr old stepdaughter who lives with us full time. Am doing better at not getting short at her.
After reading all of these, i think we are all blossoming very normal pregnant woman, with raving hormones which we just need to remind ourselves it can only get better and remember our precious little bundles at the end of all this.
I am with you ladies, i am week 22 in my 2nd pregnancy 20 year age gap between my pregnancies, i had a girl 1st time and was just as hormonal and am having a girl this time. I can relate to the constant fighting it is every day and if i don't desire to smash something i am in tears. I feel out of control, i am still working shift work 40 hours a week, and at the young age of 41 yrs i am shattered which probably doesn't help. Males are not always that great at seeing what needs to be done around the house, and i get right grumpy when i have to spell things out, so end up doing it myself. I also have a 7 yr old stepdaughter who lives with us full time. Am doing better at not getting short at her.
After reading all of these, i think we are all blossoming very normal pregnant woman, with raving hormones which we just need to remind ourselves it can only get better and remember our precious little bundles at the end of all this.
Sign in to follow this topic