Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Nutritionist during pregnancy Rss

hi!
I'm ttc number 2 and after gaining a lot during my 1st pregnancy and still trying to lose it I want to make sure i'm a lot healthier this time around. I had a miscarriage before my son and I was way over paranoid with eating things I shouldn't that I ended up eating so badly and things I never would eat- white bread, white pasta etc. Then I fell into the trap of eating crap because I was pregnant.

I have always struggled with weight but several years ago lost 35kg, gained a bit back but lost again for my wedding so food and exercise has always been hard but along the way I've made it work.

Having PCOS I'm more worried this time around for GD as my weight is higher than last time.

MY QUESTION is has anyone seen a nutritionist at this stage or during pregnancy without having GD I don't want to wait if i get diagnosed to seek help but wasn't sure if I should seek help before.

Thanks everyone xx
Hey! I am sorry to hear about your loss.It was great a big loss for you.As far as you are looking for nutritionist then I want to give you some advice related to this.Firstly I will suggest you to stop eating papaya because it is known for its rich iron and vitamin source but it is good to be avoided when your baby is inside the womb. Secondly grapes. Although grapes are a multifunctional nutritious fruit, it is best to avoid it in the third trimester.According to the Medical Institute of Medicine, pregnant women should aim for at least 71 grams of protein per day independent of the trimester.So you should gain much weight to fulfill your desire.
JT_22 wrote:
hi!
I'm ttc number 2 and after gaining a lot during my 1st pregnancy and still trying to lose it I want to make sure i'm a lot healthier this time around. I had a miscarriage before my son and I was way over paranoid with eating things I shouldn't that I ended up eating so badly and things I never would eat- white bread, white pasta etc. Then I fell into the trap of eating crap because I was pregnant.

I have always struggled with weight but several years ago lost 35kg, gained a bit back but lost again for my wedding so food and exercise has always been hard but along the way I've made it work.

Having PCOS I'm more worried this time around for GD as my weight is higher than last time.

MY QUESTION is has anyone seen a nutritionist at this stage or during pregnancy without having GD I don't want to wait if i get diagnosed to seek help but wasn't sure if I should seek help before.

Thanks everyone xx
JT_22 wrote:
hi!

Thanks everyone xx

Hi Dear! I'm extremely sorry for your loss. Jbtw How are you doing now? Well, yeah! It's really alike! Proper and relevant diet is really necessary for a normal and healthy pregnancy. I think you should get a diet plan before getting into it again. You already have PCOS and stuff...So, your pregnancy is probably in at a risk. I don't mean to make you scared though. So, I think you should be careful with it. I'm also unable to conceive naturally. So, I am having an IVF while also having a recommended Diet plan from a nutritionist. Stay blessed xx smile
I know these situations are some time too much tough to deal with but we should have the confidence enough to go through from these condition. Its tough but we can do this, I'm extremely sorry for your loss. Stay strong and try to live happily.
Hi there! Don't worry honey, first of all, try to take care of your diet and sleep. After that try to stay positive. Because if you are positive, then the positive energy also keeps you healthy and fresh. And I will suggest you to visit your doctor ASAP because He/she knows more about your case than us. And there are some little things that only they can understand. Everything will be fine! Good Luck and Stay Strong!
JT_22 wrote:
hi!

Thanks everyone xx

Awww dear! I'm so sorry for your loss. Well, I also have this PCOS. I've tried all the medication, diets, clomid, drugs and stuff... But, have not been able to completely eradicate it! So, yeah! Just wish me luck! I'm having an IVF later this year at Ukraine. I also wish you best of luck in your journey! xx
Sign in to follow this topic