Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Fetal Doppler - can't hear h/beat Lock Rss

Hi everyone, just hoping someone can put my mind at ease ... I have a fetal doppler at home and generally love it for the peace of mind it gives me - I got it when I fell preg after 2 missed m/carriages, and it really has given me peace of mind thru my next 2 pregnancies. The prob I have now is that after hearing this bubs h/b since 10 wks and having a scan at 11w4d (which said bub was 11w6d-12w0d) which showed a healthy h/b and healthy bub, since Sat night I haven't been able to find bubs h/b. I know it can be hard to find if bub movs into a different position or something, but it is really freaking me out. I should be 13w2d (by my dates) now. Also I remember even near the end of my last preg, even the doc found it extreemly hard to find her hb, even tho I could feel her moving, as she was behind the placenta or something... even ended up getting extra 'emergancy' scans cuz her hb was so hard to find... (between 30-38wks I'm talking here, so very close to the end.) So I should be relaxed but I'm just not - I really want all to be good with this bub. I also still am spewing most mornings.
Please help me!!!!!
I personally would never try and find bub hb myself as it would worry me to much not being able to find it. I know the midwife I had for my last appt (at 31 weeks) really worried me as she firstly had trouble working out how bubs was positioned and in the end said I think he is transverse then had trouble finding hb. She also thought I was measuring 3 weeks behind. I had a scan the next day and he was measuing on the 64th percentile, estimated as 1.7kg, head down and completely fine.

Your wee one might just be right towards the back or down low, if you are too worried can you make an appointment to see your Dr or midwife?

I bought an angel sounds fetal doppler, but it said not to use it until after 14 weeks. I used it from 16 weeks and I've managed to find the heartbeat every time, even though it's a bit hard to find sometimes in the beginning.
Put it away for another 2 or 3 weeks and then try again smile

Thanx to everyone who has taken the time to reply...it has helped me to relax, still happy for more replys if anyone wants to tho!! smile I have a normal check up appnt on Wed so might just mention it to doc and see what he says, tho I think he'll just say it's too soon or well remember the trouble we had trying to find the hb in your last pregnancy!!! We also have a new midwife centre setting up near us, which is only open Fridays but I have put my name down there for a call this week, hopefully between the two (doc and midwife) i'll be able to find out *something* - and sure hope it is what I want!?
Thanx to everyone who has taken the time to reply...it has helped me to relax, still happy for more replys if anyone wants to tho!! smile I have a normal check up appnt on Wed so might just mention it to doc and see what he says, tho I think he'll just say it's too soon or well remember the trouble we had trying to find the hb in your last pregnancy!!! We also have a new midwife centre setting up near us, which is only open Fridays but I have put my name down there for a call this week, hopefully between the two (doc and midwife) i'll be able to find out *something* - and sure hope it is what I want!?
Sign in to follow this topic