Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Persistent headache Rss

Hi everyone

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I've been getting a persistent headache on and off over the last several weeks. It's across my forehead and goes down my temples. I've tried water, panadol, rest, heat pack and ice pack. Sometimes the panadol and ice pack helps a little but at the moment it's doing nothing. Does anyone have any other ideas that I can try?

Thanks smile
Try some lavender oil rubbed into the temples and some relaxation. It worked for me when I was getting really bad headaches. Hope this helps smile
Thank you, I'm about to go and find my lavender oil right now!
Hi, i feel your pain!! i had a persistent headache from about 12 weeks til about 20 weeks....which i am told by my OB is hormonal and will dissapear at about 20 weeks - and it did, just like magic! My OB suggested lavender oil too but i cant stand the smell so i didnt use it. i did have panadiene at least once a day with a little effect. keep looking toward 20 weeks is all i can say there is relief in sight! good luck smile
Hi, sorry to hear about your headache. Have you seen your doctor about it? It may be hormonal but my mum is a midwife and she said it could also be because of high blood pressure which you dont want to leave unchecked. Its best to get it checked out for peace of mind.

Not sure how to help, but I'm pretty sure undiluted lavender oil on the skin isn't considered safe while pg so please don't use it.

If hydration and painkillers aren't helping, better off seeing your doc. Hope you're feeling better soon

Thanks everyone. I've seen my midwife and she advised I can take panadene which works wonders. I've also developed sciatic pain so I'm being ordered around by my husband and I'm not allowed to do anything lol.

Though the more I get into the second trimester, the better things get, so fingers crossed it stays that way! Thanks for all the advice! smile
[quote name='AmandaKS' date='01 February 2012 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1328081478' post='3136250'] [size="2"]Hi everyone I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I've been getting a persistent headache on and off over the last several weeks. It's across my forehead and goes down my temples. I've tried water, panadol, rest, heat pack and ice pack. Sometimes the panadol and ice pack helps a little but at the moment it's doing nothing. Does anyone have any other ideas that I can try? Thanks smile[/size] I had the same thing and also through the back of my eyes, mine lasted for 4 months everyday straight from about 10 weeks to 26 weeks, I found that nothing at all would help,I saw about 4 different doctors and I was put on antibiotics and nasal spray and some other steriody drug thinking it was a sinus infections and none of this helped. I used to cry at night because it was so painful and because there was nothing I could do to make it go away. Sadly I had to just put up with it till it finally went away. I hope it doesnt last too long for you! I know your pain!
I have had headache problems throughout my pregnancy as well. I thought I was doing all the right things, drinking water etc. Not a great deal of results. What I have found help is this little bottle of stuff called Origins "Peace of Mind" - it's got pepermint in it and you feel it zing on your temples. I bought it from Myer. I have had the bottle for about 3 years so you dont need to use much. It lifts my mood and seems to sort out my headache
Sign in to follow this topic