Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Increasingly frustrated!!! Rss

Hey Andie, I hope you are well. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope things go smoothly. I am visiting the same clinic and so far so good. We have been trying for 6 years now. We had to opt for a gestational carrier. I think it was a good decision we made. She is pregnant now and I am so excited.
Congratulations! Which clinic did you use, if you don't mind me asking. I was so sad to hear you had to struggle infertility. is this some thing inherited?.I wish less ladies were struggling the same. I was 35 yo with blocked tubes and low amh when started treatments. dh was ok. We decided to apply for donor egg with ivf abroad (mainly for more resonable prices) and as time showed did right! I think I know why you chose Ukraine for undergoing surrogacy. The low cost of surrogate pregnancy in Eastern Europe is the most compelling reason I should say. Would-be parents from nearby West European countries including the UK and from as far as Australia and the USA are seeking surrogacy there more and more. The process is well regulated there. Surrogates are usually required to submit photos upon application. Then they undergo testing both physically and psychologically to make sure they are fit. Only women who have given birth before are qualified to become surrogate mothers. Agencies/clinics usually do not accept surrogates who drink, smoke, or take drugs. Typical surrogate moms from Eastern Europe are between 20 and 40 yrs. Prospective parents are given several profiles they can choose from before agreeing to a surrogate mom. As I’ve mentioned above, before going straight for pregnancy, a surrogate would have to undergo extensive medical testing. What tests a woman has to go through depends on the country’s law. Usually these involve gynecological examinations, blood tests, and screening for various sexually-transmitted diseases among many others. She also has to go through psychological screening. She would usually be given continual counseling by the agency along with the parents. In countries where commercial surrogacy is legal like Ukraine, the surrogate will have zero parental rights over the child!!! Gestational surrogacy cases may require some paperwork so that you can be legally named parents of the child. Otherwise, all you need to worry about is acquiring an exit visa for the child!!
But as usual there are some cons. While more affordable and financially feasible for you, you will unfortunately not be able to personally screen potential mothers for the surrogate pregnancy process in Eastern Europe. Since your baby’s life depends on the surrogate for nine months, it’s best to check your agency’s/clinic’s reputation when it comes to choosing and screening surrogate moms. Make sure your agency/clinic performs regular checks and home visits on the surrogate since you can’t be there physically to do it on your own..I'm happy to hear you went through all the hardles and now are so close to the exit process! God bless you all.
Andie.Berg wrote:
I can understand what you are going through. I have been on this journey for more than 5 years. Therefore, every day I get frustrated about how things are. This journey has been like a roller coaster for me. There are so many highs and lows. I remember one day I started to tear up in front of my DH. I told him that I was done with trying. He, however, gave me the strength and told me that he was with me. I guess that support is what I really wanted. I am now visiting a clinic for my process that he searched about. I am really hoping that things go well. They seem quite promising. Hoping for the best. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way.

Moving overseas for surrogacy sounds always callenging. Even though it’s financially more affordable for lots of people it does seem quite intricate. Just some effort on more investigation is needed. In general, there is a much more comprehensive legal framework for surrogacy in Ukraine. Other European countries either prohibit surrogacy altogether, or they allow surrogacy agreements only the surrogate is unpaid. For those countries that allow surrogacy, the laws typically give all parental rights to the surrogate until a court process transfers the rights from her to the IP. In these countries the surrogate has the right to keep the baby if she chooses.But this is not the case with surrogacy in Ukraine.
Under the guidelines, surrogates must be:
Between 25-35 years old.
The natural mother of at least one child.
Mentally and physically capable of becoming a surrogate mother.
Surrogate may have no relation to commissioning parents.
The marital status of the surrogate is irrelevant.
A legal surrogacy agreement must be signed between the parents and the surrogate
Hope this is useful to know. Good luck!
I can understand your condition. It's okay to feel this way. Trying to conceive is a tough problem. You need to clear your head. Don't let all this get to you. It's okay to feel frustrated. I hope you can pull through. Sending lots of love and prayers to you!
I am glad that things finally went well for you. It is not an easy journey to be on. It is full of obstacles. You really have to really look into things! I myself am visiting them for my process. They are doing an amazing job. I wish I had discovered them a little earlier. Its all really about researching a the right clinic.
Frustration is really common, honey. TTC journeys require a lot of patience. Especially, when you're suffering from infertility, it can get hard. Don't lose the faith, though. I expect you to pull through. You're really brave, okay? You can do this! Let me know if I can be of any help.
Good luck for your process. I hope things work for you. Just stay positve and strong. I am visiting them for my process as well. They are doing things in the most professional manner. I am really excited about the end days. Hoping for the best. Can't wait to hold my child in my arms.
Sign in to follow this topic