Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

What was your IVF experience? Rss

in our first cycle of IVF and are at the point where we're sitting tight for incipient organisms to transform into blastocysts. It's day five and just two out of the four are exceptionally youthful blastocysts. In any of your encounters, did any of yours take until day six? I'm simply attempting to keep the confidence, however, stressing that it's all finished today, at day five. I'm right around 41 and this will be my first and most likely just child. Furthermore, I'm so stressed. plzz share your experience.
Usually, it is till day 5 that things are concluded. So I can't say much. It really depends on your doctor. The transfer will be a FET? I hope you get to have good quality embryos. Stay positive about it. I know it can be really confusing. However, it will all be fine, don't worry.
Hey smart_mother. How did you go? We went to day 6 with one. We ended up with five embryos! I was 41 and first child. We now have a nearly three month old beautiful boy. Don't overthink, don't stress, don't worry about your age. It's not all doom and gloom and it's worth every second of unease and fear. Just go with whatever happens and breathe. You'll be fine. Stay positive. It'll happen!
Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this. Here's a couple of things to share. I'm 37 yrs oldie. we ttc 2 yrs. Soon diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes. Did the surgery which opened my right tube. Tried clomid iui #1 with no luck. Followed medicated cycles with monitorying, no baby. Did another lapo surgery. Again tried 2 ivf shots home. #1 ER 10 eggs, 6 fertilized - bfn. #2 FET - beta confirmed but then strated dropping dramatically. Both times stransferred 3 day embies. Actually I do think my little beans weren't strong enough to implant. We decided to switch the clinics, went to ukrainian biotexcom clinic where are currently undergoing donor egg ivf cycle. The clinic performs 5day transfers only. Moreover they guarantee at least 3 A grade blasts for the ET. so I'm hoping so much this will improve our situation.
Monikadavid399 wrote:
Usually, it is till day 5 that things are concluded. So I can't say much. It really depends on your doctor. The transfer will be a FET? I hope you get to have good quality embryos. Stay positive about it. I know it can be really confusing. However, it will all be fine, don't worry.

You're absolutely right. This choice depends on a clinic/dr. I've read somewhere young embriologists prefer putting back 3day embies. They tend to think it's easier for them to start developing in the natural circumstancies. To my view, it's not. Judging from my own experience. We'd tried 2 ivf with oe shots home before opted for donor egg. Both times they placed back 3day embies. Both shots failed. This time we're transferring 5day blasts. Our clinic performs it 5day only. Really want to try it 5day. They say our blasts will be much stronger for ET. GL's needed. Babydust to all!!
Same was my case the embryos were not mature and the doctors recommended us for the transfer. All three cycles failed in my case. Later we found out that its done 5day. The credibility of the clinic is very important for any treatment to work. Adonis clinic was a fail in my case, they had very young doctors who weren't very experienced in the IVF. Moreover, the results were misleading. Our money and time wasted. Glad that I have found my surrogacy destination to be very genuine this time. And I wonder why I didn't found it earlier? Because the heartbreak we went through was a major glitch in our marriage. However, we have discovered each other again.
Sarahsth28 wrote:
Same was my case the embryos were not mature and the doctors recommended us for the transfer. All three cycles failed in my case. Later we found out that its done 5day. The credibility of the clinic is very important for any treatment to work. Adonis clinic was a fail in my case, they had very young doctors who weren't very experienced in the IVF. Moreover, the results were misleading. Our money and time wasted. Glad that I have found my surrogacy destination to be very genuine this time. And I wonder why I didn't found it earlier? Because the heartbreak we went through was a major glitch in our marriage. However, we have discovered each other again.

OMG, I'm so sorry for your failures. But mostly for that you were treated not appropriately with that Adonis. Mature or young drs they all must be responsible for plans suggested!! And what's the use of placing back immature embies?? I guess 3 day ones and then telling you that was 5day transfer?!! What a bul**! I really wonder how it happened you passed 3!!! cycles with them..Well the point is that you've got your further option and are moving towards it.
We found ourselves at biotex after failed iui, 2 oe ivf cycles, medicated cycles with monitoring, 2 lapos--all things done with no improvement. Currently going through donor egg cycle. Our ET is Aug '10th. Feeling nervous and excited at the same time. I know strange, right?! Last time we went through ivf I was dying to know each time. The uncertainty was torture!! This time it feels like a safety net as I see it as a possibility of trying with donor egg. Until we are told the result is negative we can have some hope. They also guarantee at least 3 A grade 5 day blasts for the transfer. In fact I know I’m content with what I'll have. The real concern I have is my husbands disappointment. As he seems so hopeful right now! And the thought that he may be disappointed has stirred a dread deep down in my belly. It’s too familiar a feeling as we went through tose failed ivfs and each time I had to see how sad he was.
So what can I expect now? Well first the ET I do my best to prepare for. Then after the dreaded 2 week wait and we will see if the pregnancy test is positive or negative. That is just the first hurdle! If we get a positive we then wait another excruciating 2 weeks for an ultrasound. It will confirm our sweet embryo is still viable growing. That’s the second hurdle. And if we are fortunate enough to get to that stage, it's many more hurdles after that!! I might sound exaggerating things, but it's how it feels now.
I need a heck of a pep talk right now!!
Our ttc wasn't easy at all. Our first try was a complete disaster. There were complications started from 9th week. On 11th week we had a scan which showed that the fetus faded on 7th week. That was a horrible time. I thought that was the end. But we still had 4 more tries. Second ivf cycle failed. And third one gave me my precious boys! So it wasn't simple thing to do. But all that was worth it. Yes, health of your baby is the most important thing! Don't bury yourself in doubts and thoughts which make you sad. Concentrate on your journey and be positive about it!
Sign in to follow this topic