Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

3 failed ivf, next step?? Rss

I am 45 and just finished third IVF cycle. Been trying to conceive for 2 years. Had ectopic pregnancy (28 yrs ago) which resulted in loss of right tube and 1 miscarriage (15 yrs ago). Married now for 3 yr. Our Dr. felt our best chance for a baby was IVF. All bloodwork even AMH came back GREAT! Because of that he said he had no problem trying with my own eggs. Been taking all meds possible. Also been having acupuncture. Dr. told my eggs are great and gave high chances too gp. Everyone was very pleased. Pregnancy test negative again. No spotting or anything. Everything was great. I thought finally there is hope and I’ll be a mom. I thought that was a good sign and we may have success, but… Now thinking about donor eggs. My Dr. was telling from the very beginning that my chances with de are much higher. Now I’m kinda sad bc we spent so much money and nerves on IVFs. I could be pregnant already… Well there’s no point to have regrets now. You never know until you try. Don’t want to waste time bc of my age. Feeling lost as have no idea where to find money for using de. What are costs? Pls share your thoughts. Thanks.
According to some websites the chances of a livebirth for a 45 year-old doing IVF with her own eggs is 1.2%. At the same time the live birth rate of a 45 year-old doing IVF with a donor's eggs is 48%. The success rate is so much higher because the likelihood of pregnancy depends on the age of the eggs. Women start releasing an egg every month as teenagers. At that time, every woman has 300,000-400,000 eggs in her ovaries. By menopause, the number of eggs is 0. Of all the eggs available when young girls start to ovulate, most die off. The healthiest eggs get released first. This is why younger women are so much more fertile than older women - the eggs they release are high quality. By the time someone is 45, unfortunately, most of the eggs have died off. The best ones have already been released. The eggs that are left are of exceedingly poor quality. So pregnancies are rare. Fortunately, the uterus seems to stay young for a much longer period of time, so that a 45 year old uterus does almost as good a job of carrying a pregnancy as a 20 year old uterus. By far your best chance is with a donor.
Hey! How are you doing? Hope everything is great at your side. Infertility can be very heartbreaking. It never leaves your mind. You sleep and wake up with this heavy feeling. I can understand your situation, love. IVF is a very expensive method of conception. I had my first child through IUI after several failed attempts. Later due to some issues, I suffered from a hysterectomy and now I am unable to naturally give birth to a baby at all. I have been suggested to go for surrogacy because it is really effective and there higher chances of its success. I am hopeful with this method because the clinic in Europe I am going to is amazing. The doctors are really helping. I would recommend you to not waste further money and try surrogacy. My best wishes are with you!
Hey, hope you are doing good. I am not in favor of IVF because it is some sort of risky and painful. IVF is less successful than surrogacy. I am a mother of a baby who was given birth by a surrogate. I was so depressed that I cannot be a mother again when I found me infertile. I had a Cervix Incompetence disease. I spent 7 years in treatment but I faced failure. I went for IVF but it failed in my case. When I was blessed with a baby I was so happy. I have not given birth to her but I am a mother just because of Surrogacy.
I am really sorry to hear about your failed IVF round. I find myself in a very similar situation. The financial constraint was the biggest issue for us. All these fertility treatments cost so much. However, I decided to go for my process to Europe. Here the treatments are done comparatively inexpensively. The quality of work is also good which obviously mattered. Therefore, don't regret or lose hope just research for the right place.
These treatments can cost you an arm and a leg. You gotta find a cheaper clinic. It can really elevate your journey. Look up for IVF clinics in Europe. Just don't contact Adonis. They are again very expensive. So look out for other options. I am sure you'll be to solve your issue.
Hi there. I am really sorry for what you have to go through. There is nothing left but just to regret. Keep your hopes high now. Make sure you contact a right clinic. Ukraine has got some clinics at reasonable prices. I think you should contact them. Good luck.
What a hard situation it is. Sending virtual hugs for you. I can relate to your situation. It is tough spending lots of money on failed cycles. It literally breaks down a person mentally and emotionally. I hope you have a successful soon. Stay positive.
hi, hope so you are doing great. Don't take the stress. Don't overthink. All will be fine. Stay positive and happy. I think you should go for a checkup. Nowadays infertility is not a big problem. Surrogacy is indeed the best method. IVF is also a good process . In Europe, there are best clinics. Which are not so expensive. Better things will come soon.
Oh, I am so sad to hear this. I am really sorry to see you in this situation. I can understand how you must be feeling. It would be really painful for you to bear all this. But you have to stay strong. Don't lose hope. I wish you best of luck for a successful IVF. I'll pray for you.
HI there, if you are not satisfied from the IVF then there are two options for you. The first option is that you have to go for a proper clinic like Ukraine BioTexCom , where you will successfully have the baby, because this could be a normal library results issue. Second option is that you have to go for surrogacy process. I am sure that is the naturally process will make you a mother. Then you will have a baby and will be happy smile Best wishes with you.!
Hey dear. Hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear that your IVF failed. It's really heartbreaking. Getting pregnant at your age is really difficult. You seem to be quite aware of it. But don't worry. Just stay hopeful. There are others way out. Like surrogacy. Hope you will decide the best. Good luck.
Sign in to follow this topic