Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Share you IVF Experience Rss

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's situation. I'm glad she isn't wasting time, though. IVF is the best way to go about it. It's the ideal solution to PCOS. Good luck to your friend. I hope it works out for her! Sending her my best wishes and love.
Hello. Hope you're well. It's nice to see how concerned you are about her. You seem like such a great person. IVF might actually work out for her. But it doesn't guarantee a pregnancy. She should take as much time as she needs to prepare herself for this. It's important to be ready. If people are looking for recommendations, I can help you out. I know of a place where fertility treatments are really affordable. It's reliable too. She should consider it. It is better if she talks to a professional first. This would clear out a lot of confusions. Good luck.
Sending hugs. Waiting and saying positive is nerve wracking and no one can see just how stressful it is on the inside. Be kind to yourself and take it a day at a time. Know that you are doing your best. I have at times guarded myself and I though of it only as an embryo or as a chance and at times let myself get wrapped up in the joy of a possible pregnancy. I find either way is right if it is what your mind needs to hear to stay calm. Good luck, you are in my prayers wub
Cathymccartney098 wrote:
Hello. Hope you're well. It's nice to see how concerned you are about her. You seem like such a great person. IVF might actually work out for her. But it doesn't guarantee a pregnancy. She should take as much time as she needs to prepare herself for this. It's important to be ready. If people are looking for recommendations, I can help you out. I know of a place where fertility treatments are really affordable. It's reliable too. She should consider it. It is better if she talks to a professional first. This would clear out a lot of confusions. Good luck.

It sounds really frustrating ''IVF does not guarantee you a baby''. BUT there are so many amazing methods nowadays! I've recently come across some great piece of news from the clinic we've been with. It offers patients who are above 40 and for those, who suffer from low levels of AMH, an innovative program that makes it possible to get pregnant with their own eggs - The donation of mitochondria. I got so much interested that did a research on the point. I googled first, and the most of articles said they transfer the core from the donor's egg to the intended mom's egg. This makes the patient's egg stronger and supplies it with the needed energy. So what, I thought..If the core is taken from the donor and placed to the patient's egg, then it does have the hugest influence on baby's DNA! This was misleading, so I decided to contact the clinic directly and ask for details. To my amazement they perform this very method in a DIFFERENT way! They take only mitochondria from the donor's egg and then place it to patient's egg. It does not influence baby's DNA. In other words, the baby's IP's only! smile Thought I had to share with all you, lovelies. Who knows, maybe some of you are just in the process of research, so this might help. ~
Mitochondrial replacement therapy, is an innovation and a breakthrough in the field of ART and the fertility treatment. This program gives women, who underwent numerous unsuccessful IVF cycles, aged 40+, (patients with low mitochondrial functional activity), an excellent chance to give birth to a child who shares a genetic relationship with her and her partner. How is this possible? Mitochondrion is one of the most important components of any living cell, including the egg. In simple words, mitochondrion is the cell’s energy station. Essentially, its work consists in supplying the cell with vital energy for its normal functioning. Women that went through multiple unsuccessful IVF attempts, as well as of older reproductive age, need to restore oocyte mitochondria in order to successfully become pregnant. A woman can become pregnant only if there are functionally active mitochondria in her oocytes.
Just a couple of words to add. To carry out such a procedure, an egg donor with a high functional activity of mitochondria (a blastocyst production rate of 70% or more), a patient (willing to get pregnant), and sperm for in vitro fertilization are required. Healthy functionally active mitochondria are taken from a donor’s oocyte. Then they are integrated with the patient’s cells. Next, fertilization with sperm and transfer of a healthy embryo into the patient’s uterus is performed. Mitochondria donation is a unique assistive reproductive technology. which is basically the implantation of a healthy and functionally active donor mitochondria into the cells of an infertile patient. that provides the patient’s cell with the necessary energy and contributes to successful pregnancy.
You already know, lovelies, I myself have been through egg donation with IVF. I wish the clinic offered this method earlier, so that we could start. BUT anyway this is a huge success. Medicine is stepping forward, so we are getting new and new methods to beat infertility. Moreover, I'm sure if we decide to have more kids in future, we'll definitely try mitochondrial donation out. As this way I could keep the genetic relation to the baby. Though I don't know how it will feel to have a DE kid and then conceive OE kid..What do you, ladies, think about it??
Have a good day Xx
Hi everyone!
I am a new member here
my name is Emma. I have been through 2 ivf rounds. now we are about to start the third one. we were ttcing naturally for about 2 years before but then noticed that it did not work out. this is basically why we decided to go for ivf.
I know that if this round does not work out, we will go for ivf de or surrogacy oe. depending on what our dr has to say
Hi, Member362100, welcome to the board smile
Sounds like you're a text book on fertility treatments. I'm sorry you're facing this roller coaster. I've been through the same path. Neither easy nor comfy..I used to feel like an emotional wreck very often which did not help to keep the positive outlook for some time. But my dear supportive husband by side and all my family helped me through. We conceived our LO via IVF abroad, in Kiev. smile This is nice to hear you stay positive. Surrogacy might be the best solution if the problem of failed IVFs is your body not allowing your wee beans to get well stuck inside. Moreover, if it's embryo quality, you can still use own eggs with IVF and get successfully prego. Have you heard about the method of mitochondrial donation?? In brief, this is a unique method. It involved the donation of mitochondrion in case your eggs aren't good enough to turn into perfect embryos when time comes. You might know that any cell of our body, eggs in particular, can not function well without a healthy mitochondrion. it's known like a ''power station'' of the egg. So the aim of such a procedure is to stimulate the donor and you, Then to retrieve healthy mitochondria from the donor's egg and transfer it to your egg. This way you get your eggs ''renewed'' and full of energy. Then your eggs are fertilized with the partner's sperm. Mitochondria donation is a unique assistive reproductive technology, which is basically the implantation of a healthy and functionally active donor mitochondria into the cells of an infertile patient, that provides the patient’s cell with the necessary energy and contributes to successful pregnancy.
You could have a look onto it.
Anyway, wish you all the very best with your coming cycle.
this web site is superb http://onlinefreegiftcardgenerator.com
Sharing some of my background. I'm Andy, 37 yrs old. ttc: 2yrs + with no luck. Feb 2016 Hsg done - dx with blocked fallopian tubes. Did surgery - right tube opened. Clomid IUI#1 - bfp (chemical). Medicated cycles with monitorying, no baby. Did another lap surgery. 2 IVF cycles (OE). IVF#1 - ER 10 eggs, 6 fertilized - bfn. IVF#2 - started bcp for 3 wks started Lupron. FET - beta confirmed. Rising then extremelly falling down - MC. Switched the clinics. Our new dr strongly recommended using donor eggs with IVF. ET 10th' Aug. Am 1-2 days away from delivery.
Try again! This is the only good answer and a good IVF doctor’s answer will be exactly this. Of course, he may make changes, based on your response, and he will explain these to you. A good doctor will not order a bunch of expensive tests after each IVF failure and doctor will make sure that his patients have realistic expectation about the entire IVF process. If you want to be a mature IVF patient, educate yourself about the process. This will help you to have sensible expectations of IVF treatment. It will protect you from an emotional breakdown; and from unnecessary tests and treatments.
Here's some statistics on the frequency of conception and successful pregnancy: Probability of success using donor egg – 65% (it slightly change with recipient age). If you are from 29 to 59 your probability of successful conception, bear and give a birth is 55-65%. Using your own egg reduces the this probability on 5% every year. By the age of 42 your chances to get pregnant and bear your child with your own egg is about 7%. I don't think we can pinpoint very well specific factors or nutrients that might affect egg quality. However, folate is a good candidate. It helps with cell growth, so it would be nice to take prenatal vitamins that contain folic acid. Then I'd agree with above posters you should find a good fertility center. The doc will also ask your friend about diet, stress levels, habits etc. She'll need to pass the following tests:
- Progesterone CD21 Blood Test
- LH, FSH, Estrogen, Progesterone & Testosterone CD2-5 Blood Test
- Ultrasound on Uterus
- HSG Scan
I'd advise to look onto clinics which make the process a ''win-win'' one. with success or refund coverage.
i have no experience with an actual ivf. but i have had one iui round. anyways, I am here to wish all of you the best of luck
as we all need it! no matter what kind of treatment we are currently undergoing or about to!
Love you all!
One usually needs more than 1 attempt to achieve success through IVF. But I cannot doubt the fact that a good doctor will not order a bunch of expensive tests after each IVF failure and doctor will make sure that his patients have realistic expectation about the entire IVF process. If you want to be a mature IVF patient, educate yourself about the process. This will help you to have sensible expectations of IVF treatment. It will protect you from an emotional breakdown; and from unnecessary tests and treatments.
Here's some statistics on the frequency of conception and successful pregnancy: Probability of success using donor egg – 65% (it slightly change with recipient age). If you are from 29 to 59 your probability of successful conception, bear and give a birth is 55-65%. Using your own egg reduces the this probability on 5% every year. By the age of 42 your chances to get pregnant and bear your child with your own egg is about 7%. I don't think we can pinpoint very well specific factors or nutrients that might affect egg quality. However, folate is a good candidate. It helps with cell growth.
Also I've recently read an article about a completely unique method for infertility treatment. It's called the mitochondria replacement therapy. Here are some of the points:
#1 It offers patients who are above 40 and for those, who suffer from low levels of AMH, an innovative program that makes it possible to get pregnant with their own eggs. This program gives women, who underwent numerous unsuccessful IVF cycles, aged 40+, patients with low mitochondrial functional activity, an excellent chance to give birth to a child who shares a genetic relationship with her and her partner.
#2 To carry out such a procedure, an egg donor with a high functional activity of mitochondria, a patient, and sperm for in vitro fertilization are required. Healthy functionally active mitochondria are taken from a donor’s oocyte and integrated with the patient’s cells. Next, fertilization with sperm and transfer of a healthy embryo into the patient’s uterus is performed. Mitochondria donation is a unique assistive reproductive technology, which is basically the implantation of a healthy and functionally active donor mitochondria into the cells of an infertile patient, that provides the patient’s cell with the necessary energy and contributes to successful pregnancy.
#3 Mitochondrial DNA and Human DNA are different things. It only gives that necessary energy to the oocyst and helps with developing an embryo and make it stronger. DNA is in the core of the mitochondria, which are not used for donation. Therefore, genetically, mitochondria have no effect on the embryo!
So there is a plenty of way out, no matter how tough the case is.
Sign in to follow this topic