Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Share you IVF Experience Rss

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your friend. Infertility has increased so much common these days and TTC is a hard job and the world doesn't understand it so we have to hold onto. Today's medical advancement can make everything possible and procedures are there to overcome infertility too. You just need to explore them. I am totally with surrogacy. Surrogacy is a miracle. Kids are such a blessing everyone deserves to have them. I myself have a baby from surrogacy. I hope your friend overcomes infertility. Baby dust to her! Best of luck for her in future. xx
I can understand what you are going through. To go for surrogacy you need to find a well suitable clinic. Lotus and Adios are clinics that are not good enough. I hope you find a good clinic anywhere. I know some clinics in Ukraine. Do try to give them a visit.
Zoe, I can understand how difficult this might be for your friend. However, let her know that things will get better. IVF is actually a really good idea to consider. For the process, my honest suggestion to you would be to select a good clinic. The clinic I am visiting is the one I selected after a lot of research. I was really glad to know that they offered a guaranteed program which ensured that things will work out eventually. I then on visiting was also happy after meeting the doctors because they were extremely experienced and knowledgeable. Good luck to you friend.
Firstly you should well educate yourself on the point. Here's some statistics on the frequency of conception and successful pregnancy: Probability of success using donor egg – 65% (it slightly change with recipient age). If you are from 29 to 59 your probability of successful conception, bear and give a birth is 55-65%. Using your own egg reduces the this probability on 5% every year. By the age of 42 your chances to get pregnant and bear your child with your own egg is about 7%. I don't think we can pinpoint very well specific factors or nutrients that might affect egg quality. However, folate is a good candidate. It helps with cell growth, so it would be nice to take prenatal vitamins that contain folic acid. Then I'd agree with above posters you should find a good fertility center. The doc will also ask your friend about diet, stress levels, habits etc. She'll need to pass the following tests:
- Progesterone CD21 Blood Test
- LH, FSH, Estrogen, Progesterone & Testosterone CD2-5 Blood Test
- Ultrasound on Uterus
- HSG Scan
I'd advise to look onto clinics which make the process a ''win-win'' one. with success or refund coverage. Good luck with your further research.
Sandrape788 wrote:
I am 45 and just had my 3rd IVF cycle. Everything is going GREAT! Had 5 eggs at retrieval, 4 matured, 3 fertilized. My Dr. was very excited by my egg quality. His office is still in amazement that a woman 45 could produce such top quality eggs. Pregnancy test to be done in 2 days. I’m so nervous. But feel in my heart this will be a success. Previous cycles failed and that was hard. Still can’t let it go. I put all my hope and belief in this cycle. Really need preg test to be positive. So tired from disappointments. Hun wish you good luck! IVF is a great option.

Try again! This is the only good answer and a good IVF doctor’s answer will be exactly this. Of course, he may make changes, based on your response, and he will explain these to you. A good doctor will not order a bunch of expensive tests after each IVF failure and doctor will make sure that his patients have realistic expectation about the entire IVF process. If you want to be a mature IVF patient, educate yourself about the process. This will help you to have sensible expectations of IVF treatment. It will protect you from an emotional breakdown; and from unnecessary tests and treatments. Stay well.
IVF has proven to be a highly successful process. A lot of infertile couples have been able to fight through infertility because of it. For IVF I remember I watched the video posted by my clinic. In the video, they explained everything! I would suggest that you watch it. Good luck to your colleague. Tell her for IVF success it is important that she visits a good doctor and a clinic where good services are being provided. One of the reasons why my process is going well is due to this reason.
Sharing some of my background. I'm Andy, 37 yrs old. ttc: 2yrs + with no luck. Feb 2016 Hsg done - dx with blocked fallopian tubes. Did surgery - right tube opened. Clomid IUI#1 - bfp (chemical). Medicated cycles with monitorying, no baby. Did another lap surgery. 2 IVF cycles (OE). IVF#1 - ER 10 eggs, 6 fertilized - bfn. IVF#2 - started bcp for 3 wks started Lupron. FET - beta confirmed. Rising then extremelly falling down - MC. Switched the clinics. Our new dr strongly recommended using donor eggs with IVF. ET 10th' Aug. Am currently prego (2nd trimester).
Sandrape788 wrote:
I am 45 and just had my 3rd IVF cycle. Everything is going GREAT! Had 5 eggs at retrieval, 4 matured, 3 fertilized. My Dr. was very excited by my egg quality. His office is still in amazement that a woman 45 could produce such top quality eggs. Pregnancy test to be done in 2 days. I’m so nervous. But feel in my heart this will be a success. Previous cycles failed and that was hard. Still can’t let it go. I put all my hope and belief in this cycle. Really need preg test to be positive. So tired from disappointments. Hun wish you good luck! IVF is a great option.

It's too sad to hear about your failures. I've been through myself too. We took advantage of PGD testings though. PGD is used to test for chromosomal abnormalities in embryos including problems with the number of chromosomes (aneuploidy) or structural rearrangements such as translocations. Aneupoidy testing may be recommended for any woman who have had two or more miscarriages, for women over 35who have had a miscarriage or for couples who have had two or more unsuccessful IVF cycles. PGD is is done on day-3 embryos which have 4-8 cells. A small cell or blastomere is removed from each embryo and is tested for the genetic abnormality. The risk of damaging the embryo at this point is very low. Only embryos that show normal results are transferred back to the uterus. Studies have shown there is no increased risk of birth defects following PGD. It is important to remember that: PGD is not 100% accurate because only one cell is tested. The technique is technically challenging and requires great expertise. Ask your doctor at the IVF clinic or the lab director the following questions: What training has the PGD laboratory personnel who are performing the testing have? How long have they been doing the procedure? When will you get the results of the PGD? What will happen if all the embryos are genetically abnormal? What the clinic’s success rate is for frozen embryo transfer following embryo biopsy? Hope this helps.
Sandrape788 wrote:
I hope everything works out for you. Our Preg test was negative. Very upset. Can’t believe it’s happening again. Really thought this one will be success. Don’t understand why it failed if I have so great eggs. Seems like everyone around get pregnant so easily. Why it can’t be me? But I'm not giving up that easy. I do believe we are meant to be parents. On to the next try. Don't know what that will be... Most likely IVF with donor eggs. Seems nice option in our situation. We'll let our RE make some suggestions then go from there.

Oh my..It’s such a hard journey to be on and I have found that no one really understands what we as women deal with. Dh tried to keep up with my struggles, but in the end he only had to deal with one day of the cycle. where I had blood drawn and ultrasounds 5-10 times, and medication daily and injections and and and. We just have to deal with so much more. There even does come a point though where you have to agree to stop for the sake of your relationship. Only you two can figure out when that is. Sounds like he is much closer than you are. So you need to figure out how badly you want this. What you are willing to do for it. Then sit down and make your case. Perhaps with a counsellor so there is a neutral party so keep the conversation in line. So this is how it all starts. It's so important to have each other in this gamble..Stay well and strong, all IVF sisters here!
I hope your friend's process goes well. I have heard really good things about the process. It has helped many fight through infertility. I would definitely recommend her to go forward with it. However, just make sure that the clinic she visits is operating at a high success rate. Ask others about their experience as well. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust.
I agree with ladies above. IVF is the best option for the friend of yours. While PCOS often produces difficulty with getting pregnant naturally, there are much higher chances of pregnancy in women who suffer from PCOS than from any other diagnosis of infertility. Many women whose infertility is caused by their PCOS often pose as the best type of patient for IVF treatments. Women with PCOS often have a history of diabetes in their family or have insulin resistance.The main disruption that PCOS causes for women is that either ovulation does not happen at all. or ovulation is extremely irregular posing difficulties for conception and fertility. With introduction of fertility drugs with PCOS can most often lead to a 40% increase chance of conceiving multiples!! The reason that many PCOS patients find success with IVF is that the main problem with conceiving naturally is eliminated in the process of IVF. The point is to find the reliable clinic and get started better sooner than later. Because time never plays on our side with fertility. And the chances decrease with the yrs flow significuntly. So we cannot trust time and wait longer and longer evaluating our chances through this or that treatment plan, while choosing the repro center and so on. Here are a couple of links for those looking for treatments abroad, definitely more affordable. https://havingababyafterhysterectomy.blogspot.com/. http://www.asiu.us/. just tried to be helpful. Good luck to all on the way.
I'm sorry to hear about her situation. I think she's on the right track. IVF works perfectly for PCOS, though. It's a tailormade solution to get past PCOS and get pregnant. It's good to see you helping her out. Good luck to her! I had a really good experience with IVF, myself. I also suffer from PCOS. It was a surprise, though, when I found out that I cannot get pregnant, naturally. I would need some sort of assistance. The doctors told me, there really is no point in trying otherwise. I was a bit skeptical, however, with the help of my DH, we went through it. It all ended up well for us! I'm glad I opted for it. Here's to hoping she has similar fortunes. Keep us posted on her journey!
Sign in to follow this topic