Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. share your experience using donor eggs

share your experience using donor eggs Rss

Hello everyone! I had 6 IVFs with my own eggs. Unfortunately all of them were unsuccessful. All these IVFs we had at the same clinic. So now we are thinking to change it. Also we are going to use donor eggs this time. Unfortunately there is no chance left for me to conceive with my own eggs. They are no longer suitable for conception. I'm so nervous... What if this IVF also fails? I'm losing my mind when I think about this whole situation I'm in. Where to get more money for forthcoming tries? Also I'm worrying because my baby won't look like me. Yes he/she will have my husband’s features, but... This is really hard. I have so many crazy and scary thoughts in my mind. But of course the most important is my baby to be healthy. Is there anyone who underwent IVF with donor eggs? What are your thoughts?
I'm sorry about your ivf failures. Forget about all those "what-ifs"! They are just making you nervous more and think about things which are not helpful at all! It's hard but try your best to think positively. We have 5 children. Two of them, twins, are from donor eggs. They don't look like us. Maybe just a little bit, some features... Though we chose donor who looked like me. But who cares? I don't, my husband either. They are mine. I love them as much as I love other 3 kids of mine. So stop depressing yourself with all those thoughts! The most important is you'll carry your baby, give birth and become a mother! It it's what you want, go for it!
Monicagr1704 wrote:
I'm sorry about your ivf failures. Forget about all those "what-ifs"! They are just making you nervous more and think about things which are not helpful at all! It's hard but try your best to think positively. We have 5 children. Two of them, twins, are from donor eggs. They don't look like us. Maybe just a little bit, some features... Though we chose donor who looked like me. But who cares? I don't, my husband either. They are mine. I love them as much as I love other 3 kids of mine. So stop depressing yourself with all those thoughts! The most important is you'll carry your baby, give birth and become a mother! It it's what you want, go for it!

I hope this step will be the last one and we'll become parents. At the same time, when I think about 6 failed IVFs my mood changes completely... I'll try to follow your advice and think positively no matter what! Thank you for telling me about your experience. This is so amazing you have 5 kids! My congratulations with your successful ttc! You've calmed my nerves down. When I hear talks about babies and what they're look like, what they took after their moms and dads... I'm just like "What about my kid? Will people say that he or she took smth from me?" You're right. This is not the most important in our path. I want to have a healthy baby(or babies, who knows). This is the only thing I should care about. How many IVFs with de did you have before getting pregnant with your twins?
I know honey. Our ttc wasn't easy as well. Our first try was a complete disaster. There were complications started from 9th week. On 11th week we had a scan which showed that the fetus faded on 7th week. That was a horrible time. I thought that was the end. But we still had 4 more tries. Second ivf cycle failed. And third one gave me my precious boys! So it wasn't simple thing to do. But all that was worth it. Yes, health of your baby is the most important thing! Don't bury yourself in doubts and thoughts which make you sad. Concentrate on your journey and be positive about it!
Hey there. I'm really sorry to hear about your problem. Don't lose faith, though! A new clinic and donor eggs, there's a very good chance it works out this time! I'd suggest you keep hoping but be prepared for every outcome. There are always more methods that you could try, for example, surrogacy. I do hope this works out for you, good luck!
Hey. Thank you for starting this thread. I personally have no experience here. But a friend of mine just recently started her second IVF cycle. This thread helped both of us a lot. She feels better about this whole thing now. Please pray she conceives this time.
Hi there. I am really sorry to hear about your problem. I hope you are doing okay. Iknow it must be really hard for you. It's never really easy. I have been through it. I was devastated. However, you seem to be very strong. I like that you went with 6 IVFs. Don't lose hope yet. Things will work. Maybe think about surrogacy. I wish you good luck. Take care. Hoping to hear more soon. Love and prayers.
Koralily, I know the struggle is real. I have been TTC for nearly 9 years. The days passed into months then into years. the wait and hope-driven me. Infertility journey is terrible and the treatments take a lot of patience. I have had three IVF cycle which failed terribly, The devastation took my sanity. Later on, I developed low ovarian reserve. Which nearly made my chances of conceiving naturally to 5%. After a lot of research, and learning from other infertile couples, The surrogates inspired me in a lot of ways, which later turned me into a passionate intended parent. I and my husband are anxiously looking forward to starting our surrogacy journey. However, I may have to go for donor eggs. But we will try with our own eggs to try our luck. As it gets only one decent egg. However, donor eggs will work too. My clinic gets me a perfect match as a surrogate according to our preferences. You can weigh your options, and decide a good fertility clinic for surrogacy. I believe it's all about upbringing, the child needs the one who can love and care. Good luck!!
Hi! I hope you will be fine.
I really become sad after reading your case. Don’t be so upset. It’s a natural system of the world. You are a strong girl, how you can lose hope. You should try again and again till you succeed. It’s better to try than giving up. The only step to be successful is to think positive. Don’t lose hope.
And no matter if he/she will not look like you. The only thing that matters is the training that a mother gives to his child. My cousin went through this process. They used donor eggs. Now they have a baby. Her wife looks happy with him.
I think you should use donor eggs. People do this for their children.
It may good for you.
All my sympathies are with you.
Take care.
Bye
Hey! Your words felt deep inside. I mean 6 IVF. It's just so hectic and tough at the same time. This is not that easy to have so many failures. This procedure is itself a costly one. And the thing that must be important that you want a baby. That's it. Why you are worried about the procedure. Or the egg. Of where do they come from. Your baby would be yours. Why would your baby hate you? You have gone through so much just to have a family. Isn't that enough?
I would suggest you go with donor eggs. If that is going to work for you.
Hello. How are you? I hope you're doing well. Your queries are all genuine. It's okay to be nervous before trying something new. I'm really sorry to hear about your failed IVF. I'm sure it's a very hard time for you. I hope things get better for you. Donor eggs do normally work out. This is because only the fertile donors are allowed to donate in most clinics, so there's a high chance it'll work out. The baby will definitely be yours. I know there are a few questions regarding the scientific procedure behind it. But do you not want a baby? Trust me it's a good process. Go with it! My best wishes are with you.
Dear things have to be taken positively. Behind every dark wall there is light. You don't have to feel very bad. If your eggs are not good then the donor eggs can be really great for you. Don't worry about the resemblance. Sometime in the real parents the child gets nothing from the parents. Just think what you are getting after such long wait.
Sign in to follow this topic