Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Private Obgyn vs Private Midwife Rss

Hi Everyone,

Could you please give me you opinion on having private obstetrician vs a private midwife? I'd be interested to know the price and care difference you have experienced. I am located on the Gold Coast.

Any advise/information you could offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sammii
xx
Hi @sam_walters

My sister had a private OB for all her pregnancies (3!!), the same male OB which she was very happy with, although it did cost a few grand per pregnancy. We're in Sydney though so I'm unsure of cost differences with the Gold Coast.
For me, I decided to go public, and had a midwife (my baby girl is 16 months). I loved her and would do this again for when I decide to have my second bub. Cheaper and a great experience.
Perhaps a few more mummas need to provide their thoughts - everyone has a different experience?

xx
Thanks SydneyGal_Mel.

I am looking at going private whether I choose Midwife or Obstetrician. Thanks for your advise. I will be a first time mumma so hopefully I will get some more replies and they will help with my decision.

xx
I thought you had to use an Obstetrician listed with the hospital if you were going private?
Do you have the option of only using a midwife?
I'm having my 2nd baby in 2 months and have opted private both times and had to use one of the hospitals listed Obstetricians. I've been happy both times.

Thanks @Christiiee.
You can choose to have a private midwife. ?? Are you based on the Gold Coast?
Sam_Walters wrote:
Thanks @Christiiee.
You can choose to have a private midwife. ?? Are you based on the Gold Coast?

No, I'm on the NSW Central Coast using Gosford Private but with my first I used North Shore Private in Sydney. I didn't know that you could use only a midwife but I guess at some private hospitals you must be able to. smile

If for you problems with writing of your essay, better write to these guys and they quickly will write to you an essay on your topic. https://cheapcustompapers.com/
Sign in to follow this topic