Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. A lot of pregnancy symptoms but not pregnant

A lot of pregnancy symptoms but not pregnant Rss

Hello,

I am at a bit of a loss here, and my doctor admits that she is too. She was convinced I was pregnant.

For the past 4-5 weeks, I have been violently nauseous, which is usually settled with food. I haven't straight up vomited, just that gross salivating.

I have:
- Superhuman sense of smell

- Food doesn't taste right anymore - nor is it plesant really, slight sometimes metallic/sometimes just gross and weird taste in my mouth

- Swollen stomach

- Gums sometimes bleed when I brush my teeth (not something I usually have)

- Headaches

- Dizziness

- Fatigue

- That horrible, sickening 'dragging' feeling in my uterus for the past few days - (that you get just before your period)

- A clearish/white jelly-like discharge for the past few days

- Little bumps on my nipples that have enlarged a bit

- Somewhat tender breasts

- Forgetful and absent-minded

- Mild pain in my abdomen every now and then

- I seem to be quite warm often

My last two periods were suspicious. It arrives strictly every 25 days. The second last one was a day or 2 late (no issue) but it lasted 4 days. Mine is always a solid 7 days at least. Always has been. The last one was 4-5 days late and lasted 3 days. Both were quite light, too. Usually by day 2 or 3 it's in full swing, but the last two never reached that point.

I'm not due again for a couple of weeks from today.

I've done 6 at-home tests [over the past month, including today] and a blood test - All negative.

The blood test results came in about 10 days ago, and covered:

- Pregnancy
- Iron
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Folate
- Thyroid function
- Liver function
- Kidney function
- White blood cell count

All came back perfect.

I went off the pill in September 2016, as we are trying for a baby - Nothing too strenuous - just going to 'see what will happen' for the time being. My period returned to normal - 7-odd days every 25 days - straight away.

I had an abdominal and internal ultrasound about 10 months ago [for unrelated issues], but nothing showed then. I plan to get another done, but it's difficult with work and not getting sick leave for time off.

I am 35 years old, no kids and I don't have any medical conditions except for some severe food allergies that result in anaphylaxis with an asthma attack on top.

A number of years ago, I had endometriosis removed, and apparently it wasn't that bad. Included in the laparoscopic procedure was a hysteroscopy to ensure no blockages in my tubes and cauterisation of some fibroids.

Any advice please. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what is going on.

Thank you in advance.
Hi, Has your GP sent you for recent blood and ultrasound testing? When I was pregnant with my first I had all the symptoms as well and i didn't get a positive result until the 6-8 weeks mark. I would definitely get at least a pelvic ultrasound done to see what's going on.
Thanks Fryerika,

I've only had the blood test. I got my results a couple of weeks ago. My doctor didn't order an ultrasound. I think I'll go to a new doctor.
Sign in to follow this topic