Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Am I pregnant? (Not trying) Rss

I got my period on the 5th of July, and on that date I started the pill (the white ones/sugar pills) as the doctor instructed. I was told that it takes two weeks or longer for the yellow hormone pills to actually take affect and provide protection against pregnancy. My period ended on the 10th of July and was the usual 6 day length. I had unprotected sex on the 8th and 10th (during my period), and also the 11th. 8 days after my period finished I started getting really light spotting which I have never had in my life, nor did I get it the first time I tried the pill, even though I am on exactly the same one now. I had unprotected sex again on the 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 27th and 29th. The bleeding lasted 12 days and ended on the 29th. 9 days after it started I provided a urine sample, a blood test and had a trans-vaginal ultrasound as well as a regular ultrasound. All of the tests came back negative for everything, including pregnancy and I was prescribed a hormone pill to take to counteract the bleeding which made it stop. I have also never had cramps before in my life but had them for 2 days before I got my next period which should've come on the 1st, but came on the 3rd of August. So I got my period on the 3rd of August but it only lasted 4 days and was 2/3 lighted than my regular period which is usually too heavy for me to even consider tampons for at least the first 3 days. My August period also ended very abruptly. I understand that a pregnancy should have been detected on the blood test if it wasn't detected on the urine test, but I have done a lot of reading about women who get negative results from a blood test but were in fact pregnant, just because it was too early to detect or their bodies were only showing very trace amounts of that pregnancy hormone (HCG?). I have provided as much detail as possible and I really hope someone can make sense of it. I just want to know if it's possible I am pregnant?
Have you tried our Am I Pregnant Quiz?
https://www.huggies.com.au/conception/am-i-preg...
Sign in to follow this topic