Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TTC tips for older women Lock Rss

Mack72 wrote:
Hi Ladies,
I've just joined this forum and seen a number of women older than me (44) have successfully conceived naturally with their first child. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? What do you believe made all the difference when you were trying? I've gone through 20 IVF cycles since 41 and 5 failed transfers (including an ectopic pregnancy) since I met my partner 3 years ago. My doctor has told me it's time to give up yet my Chinese acupuncturist who lectures at Monash believes it's still possible without resorting to an egg donor as I'm still ovulating with regular 28 day cycles. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I'm sorry, honey. This is what I want to say. Ovulation is not an exact science and it can occur earlier, later or not at all in any given cycle. Even normally fertile women have the occasional anovulatory period. A "normal" cycle is a cycle length of between 21 and 35 days OR if there is less than 4 days of variation from month to month. If periods are consistently irregular and or painful in nature get this checked out sooner rather than later. If the nature of your periods changes over time get this investigated further too. Finally, you should seek a good medical help. Using a donor egg may be an appropriate option for you. We're going the same route currently..
Hope everyone is fine and doing good.
For me no tip worked and there was no luck to get pregnant and have a baby.
I conceived for 3 times but resulted in miscarriage every time.
At the age of 43 it is not a good idea to be pregnant again.
So i have decided to go for surrogacy to cure my infertility.
I am now researching about surrogacy process and gathering all the information about surrogacy.
If someone has some direct experience about surrogacy than let me know.
Good luck everyone.
20 IVF cycles. I mean that's huge. That would have taken much effort and strength. I have no tips to give you. Just a thing to discuss. That I believe would be made under your consideration here before. But yes I do have similar beliefs. And that is egg quality began to decrease at the age you are in. And I have no idea what to do with that. Haven't you looked into other matters? Try switching paths.
Hey ther!!! such a hard time you are facing. I can understand the problem you are going through. You are a strong lady no doubt. This journey is such a hectic one.IVF has a great success rate. But one should be patient because it takes time. Hope all good for you. Great vibes. A lot of best wishes to you. fingers crossed.
One off the grid thing that worked was vitamin B12 injections. It sounded a bit strange at first but I've seen it work time and time again. There are a lot of medical facilities popping up to offer B12 shots - example:

https://www.accesahealth.com/b12-shot

Find one in your area and give it a try if your doctor is okay with that. Of course the usual stuff like exercise, hydration etc is good too!
Monicagr1704 wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm 47, married, 5 children. 3 conceived naturally, twins through ivf with donor eggs. We've been always dreaming about big family and finally we have it. I can't say our path was easy and cloudless. I had complications while giving birth to my 3rd baby girl. I had failed ivfs while using donor eggs. We've gone through lots of troubles but our precious kids worth it. I want to say everyone out there who had problems with their ttc keep going and never lose hope!

Hey, how are you doing? Well, that's the thing that even I wanted to have for so long. A big fat family. I just adore big happy families. The kind of bond they share with each other. And they never need anyone to have in their life for fun or parties. They have their own world. And that's beautiful in every mean. But when I see my struggle I question my dreams and desire. Would that be fulfilled?
Though I am not alone in this struggle i feel incomplete every time. And the only option I am left with is surrogacy. But I am glad that at least I have an option still to go with. I would never let this go unattended. I could never miss an opportunity to have a family life.
And yes you said that right. Each individual must have the strength and the faith that her struggle would never go wasted. You would be gifted someday. You just got to trust. Happy tears.
I just hope that you'll be fine. Your confidence has filled my heart with proud. I have never seen such a strong lady. Well, this is your plus point. I will suggest you the surrogacy treatment. Wishing you best of luck!
Hey Mack. How are you doing? Hope so you are doing fine. Well I think you should go for surrogacy because you are getting older. Maybeyou have somec hances to conceive naturally. But if you dont have then you should go for surrogacy. And yeah on the basis of my experience I want to get you alert from the clionc name Lotus and Adonis. Because these clincs are scam. I myself tested these two clincs and thats why I amsaying. Before going for any treaatment make sure the platform on which you are getiing treatment is trusted. wish you best of luck.
Hey Mack. How are you doing? Hope so you are doing fine. Well, I think you should go for surrogacy because you are getting older. Maybe you have some chances to conceive naturally. But if you don't have then you should go for surrogacy. And yeah on the basis of my experience I want to get you alert from the client name Lotus and Adonis. Because these clinics are a scam. I myself tested these two clinics and that's why I am saying. Before going for any treatment make sure the platform on which you are getting treatment is trusted. wish you best of luck.
Hi there, welcome sweetheart. Yes dear, age is just a number if you follow these alternative methods. Hoping to see good results of your journey. Our good wishes and prayers are with you. Cheers.

You should go for surrogacy. There are many good clinics in Europe. They are best in dealing with surrogacy. Please don't visit Adonis clinic in Ukraine. They are worst in dealing with surrogacy. You must go to that good clinic in Europe. I wish you a very good luck
Hey Mack! Hope so you are doing good. I just read your post. I can understand the feeling you are dealing with. Don't worry it is the part of life. Everything happens for a reason. I think as you have tried all the processes. Then, why don't you go for surrogacy? People are getting a lot of help from surrogacy. In this, process, gametes are combined outside the body. The embryo formed is inserted into the uterus of the third mother. I have also availed of this treatment to have a baby. It's really a kind of blessing. At your age, I think you it would be good for you.
All my sympathies are with you
Sign in to follow this topic