Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Am I pregnant??? Brown flow Rss

Hi everyone,

New to this forum, so sorry if posting in the wrong section. Been trying for a baby a couple months now & my "period" this month arrived one day early - completely chocolate brown color & light then gone after 2 days. I spotted extremely lightly for about twice since. I'm now wondering could I be pregnant? Does the fact that it turned up on my period date mean it's likely it was just an odd period? I did a urine test about 3 days after the bleeding began (day 3 of cycle) and it was negative, would it show in urine by then? I have a 28 day extremely regular cycle.

Is it worth doing a blood test? I've had flu symptoms, pelvic cramps, neck pain, bloating and nausea.
Hi! I had kind of the same thing. Tiny bit of spotting and period like cramps, headache and dizziness. I took 2 at some tests and 1 at a doctor, which were all negative. I took another test about a week later which showed up positive, then found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. The pregnancy hormone was just too faint to show up on the urine tests. So it is possible you are! Can't give you any advice on what to do though, except maybe wait a week or so and take another test, or go to your doctor. Good luck smile
I would also wait a little bit then re test. You need to be at least 4 weeks along for the test to show positive.
Good luck. I hope you get the answer your after.

I would wait for another week and re-test. Home pregnancy tests vary in their accuracy (i.e., how sensitive they are to hCG), and morning tests are more accurate than those later in the day. If it is still negative then and AF didn’t turn up, you can go for blood test. For few ladies, pregnancy hormones remain just low to show up in urine test. Brown bleeding could be implantation bleeding, it arrives at the same time as that of your period. So you can have all your hope up.

Can’t say about other symptoms, those are really tricky. Good luck, keep us posted.
Sign in to follow this topic