Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Planning on TTC in 2016 - COC pill questions

Planning on TTC in 2016 - COC pill questions Lock Rss

My Hubby and I are planning on TTC some time in 2016 ( I know i am getting way ahead of my self) My question is for people on the COC pill (I am currently on Yaz Flex) how long after stopping your pill were you able to conceive? Did you wait a month or two to let the medication clear from your system or just try straight away? I plan on asking my Pharmacist these questions when i have to go re-fill my script for the 2nd last or last time in a few days but I wanted to get some views from mums-to-be and mums out there
I tried straight away with all my kids. I fell the first month with 2 of them and the second month with the other 2.

I think it's different for everyone, depending on your body. Some people get pregnant straight away, others take longer. It also depends on your age and general lifestyle too I think. I got pg with DS 2 months after stopping Cerazette. I am currently ttc #2 and in cycle 3 after stopping the same pill end of April. If you have at least one "normal" cycle after stopping the pill it makes it easier to work out your dates. HTH smile
Hi there! I have pcos (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) and was told that it will be hard for me to conceive. Both kids I got pregnant straight after stopping the pill, didnt even get my first period! Dr thinks going on the pill then off it to conceive really helped us! Good luck grin
It just depends on the person, I stopped my pill TTC in October 2013 and it took me at least 12 months to fall pregnant, I was at the stage of thinking maybe I couldnt fall pregnant, but then I found out I was actually pregnant in October 2014, so it took exactly 12 months for me.
Everyone's a little different. Good luck smile

Mommie I also have pcos only just found out in March actually but Drs says I've had for a very long time like roughly since 13 yrs old maybe the only reason I found out I had pcos is I fell pregnant the same month I stopped taking the pill (takin it for 6yrs) but 6weeks later I had en ectopic I was 6weeks along then as March this year came AF never showed for 44 days that's when I had an internal u/s and was told I have pcos I've been trying for a while now and I've been thinking about hoping back on the pill to hop off to help get pregnant so you think this would work how long did you take them for before you hopped off
Hope2have1 wrote:
Mommie I also have pcos only just found out in March actually but Drs says I've had for a very long time like roughly since 13 yrs old maybe the only reason I found out I had pcos is I fell pregnant the same month I stopped taking the pill (takin it for 6yrs) but 6weeks later I had en ectopic I was 6weeks along then as March this year came AF never showed for 44 days that's when I had an internal u/s and was told I have pcos I've been trying for a while now and I've been thinking about hoping back on the pill to hop off to help get pregnant so you think this would work how long did you take them for before you hopped off

Hello
I also have PCOS and fell pregnant straight after the pill with my first daughter. But REALLY struggled with my second. After about 18 months, I went to a different doctor who prescribed Metformin (a drug for diabetics that regulates insulin) and fell pregnant within weeks of taking it.
I suggest you speak to your doctor about Metformin. Good luck! smile
Sign in to follow this topic