Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF ICSI & Egg Retrieval Lock Rss

Hi Emrossall,

Have been thinking of you and wondering how you are handling the two week wait??!!

Kim smile
Hi Kim,

Thanks for your comment!

I have been ok. The mind plays tricks or the hormones are working well - but I am determined to wait until the blood test for confirmation.

I have symptoms up the wazoo, but it could also just be hormones causing them. Fingers definitely crossed.

How have you been?
Well it sounds like you are handling it all quite well. Will you test at home after the two weeks is up or wait for the official result from the clinic?

I'm ok. Unfortunately IVF won't be happening until next month. A couple of unexpected issues (unrelated to fertility) have come up. I figured it would be best to delay IVF until next month. That way, I can just focus on being in a good, positive and relaxed head space with no other distractions
smile
I've found meditation to be quite good with getting my head in the right space. My blood test is next Thursday. Less than two weeks from transfer (by a day) so I'll just wait for that. The clinic will have the results by the afternoon anyway.
Hey Ladies. I just thought I'd stop by - had my blood test today. BFP!!!

Now I'm going to hibernate for a little while smile
Oh my god! That is wonderful news, congratulations smile I was wondering how you went today. The process seemed to come and go so quickly and now you are pregnant! I can't believe it. Still a whole month before I start. I may be in touch as the time gets closer and my nerves return. In the meantime, enjoy your BFP result smile
Oh my god! That is wonderful news, congratulations smile I was wondering how you went today. The process seemed to come and go so quickly and now you are pregnant! I can't believe it. Still a whole month before I start. I may be in touch as the time gets closer and my nerves return. In the meantime, enjoy your BFP result smile
Thanks!!! I'm pretty excited, understandably. Now to wait the next 8 or so weeks until we do the worldwide announcement wink
And decide when to tell my 11 year old stepdaughter...
Geez, 8 weeks. That will seem like an eternity. I am guessing your step daughter will be excited?? My partner also had two daughters from a previous relationship - one is 12 and the other 13.
How soon will you tell them when you get your positive?

She wanted a baby brother or sister for Christmas last year.

11/11 is the 12 week mark.
I haven't given it much thought to be honest. Probably because I don't want to get too ahead of myself. BUT I think I would wait until after the 12 week mark to tell most people, including my partners kids. Well looks like your step daughters wish is 2 weeks closer to coming true! smile
Sign in to follow this topic