Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. TTC #1 at 29yo. How long did it take you & how old?

TTC #1 at 29yo. How long did it take you & how old? Rss

TTC and not knowing what to expect and how to just get on with life. Thinking about if it will happen is a bit life consuming! I came off depo after 8 yrs 2 yrs ago when married and cycles are now kind of normal I suppose. I wanted to give my body plenty of time to recover from the depo, and it took 9 months to get AF again.
Only really tracked AF using an app for last 4 months. I've tested ovulation with a pee stick the last 3 cycles and so I know I ovulate. TTC first time this month, its now 4 days til AF due. Going a bit mad so joined this forum! Love to hear everyone's experiences.

Baby #1 on the way

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply!
I could say I have a load of pregnancy symptoms and it might have happened in the first month but I also think I'm inventing them just to keep my hopes up, you know!
Only time will tell!

Baby #1 on the way

Hi Rosie, I didn't realise that about the ovulation pee sticks. Ek. Maybe after a couple of months if nothing happens will get a thermometer. Thanks!

Baby #1 on the way

I'm 29 and have been lucky enough to conceive my 3rd on our first month of trying. My cousin is 29 and conceived her first on her 10th month. I really hope you have been successful this month, make sure you update and let us know!

Congrats on your third moonsie. Yes will let you know.

Baby #1 on the way

I was 27 when we started trying and it took 3 months. Went off the pill in October started trying in jan, had AF in jan then nothing until discovered I was pregnant in April (conceived in March) very strange cycle but was only tracking AF nothing more involved than that. Good luck smile
I was 30 (going on 31) when I came off the pill, 3 months later we conceived ds.
Easy to say, but try not to worry about it too much, just enjoy trying smile

Little Egg wrote:
I was 30 (going on 31) when I came off the pill, 3 months later we conceived ds.
Easy to say, but try not to worry about it too much, just enjoy trying smile

3 months sounds good, think I could handle that! Fingers crossed!

Baby #1 on the way

Number 1 took about 5 months and number 2 took 2 months. I'm 24
Ohh ttc- so exciting grin

I was 27 ttc for our first and all three of my pregnancies have taken three months to conceive smile

All the best- look forward to hearing.your news wink

DS1 - 27 yrs happened immediately (honeymoon lol)
DS2 - 29 yrs happened fourth month with basal temping

I've been feeling sick (a mild sick in the chest feeling) for two days now, and had AF cramping for two days too and stabbing in my ovary about 3 days ago, but no sign of AF and no spotting either. I read that cramping like this can be implantation cramping.
BFN test yesterday but was 2 days before AF due, silly me I know.

Don't want to get my hopes up but these seem like symptoms!

Baby #1 on the way

Sign in to follow this topic