Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Concieving after Implanon Rss

Have any of you had the implanon in long term and then conceived?

How long did it take you to conceive?

We are thinking that I will get the implant removed 6 months before we wanted to start trying for a baby so that we have a good chance of everything being out of my system.

Does this sound ok?

Hi.

I had implanon for 9 years.

Took me 8 months to conceive, I was told the longer you have had implanon the longer it takes to conceive.

Hope this helps.
Hi ladies,
I had my implanon for about 2 years then had it removed a few months before we thought we would start TTC No 2.
Due to PCOS it took 3.5yrs & 5 months of Clomid to fall with DD, so we didn't think anything would happen quickly.
3 months after implanon removal baby number 2 on the way.
Everyone is different but it can happen. Best wishes to all.
I had three Implanons in a row and conceived four months after we started trying. I did have three cycles before we started trying so I knew what my cycle length was so total time from removal to conception was seven months. Implanon shouldnt affect your ability to conceive afterwards as your return to ovulation is pretty quick. It depends more on what your cycle was like before you were on any contraception really.

Have any of you had the implanon in long term and then conceived?

How long did it take you to conceive?

We are thinking that I will get the implant removed 6 months before we wanted to start trying for a baby so that we have a good chance of everything being out of my system.

Does this sound ok?

I had implanon in for 2 or so yrs with my 2nd child took it out and fell pregnant straight away and same with the 3rd, I had no issues what so ever. Hope it works out for you smile
Hi all!

I've got a 5yr old daughter. I got the implanon just before she turned 2. I kept it in for the 3yrs even though I was one of those unlucky girls that would bleed for a month and then nothing for a couple of months... I never gained weight with it. Or had any other complications other than the bleeding. After the 3yrs I went onto the pill for about 6-8wks before my partner and I decided we would be trying to expand our family... I've heard it takes time to get pregnant after the implanon so I figured I had 6-8 months before becoming pregnant... I was wrong. we conceived within 2wks of stopping all conception... I'm now 21 wks pregnant. We're expecting twins tongue I guess it just depends on whether your body will let you get pregnant straight away. everyone's different. Just thought I'd share my story with you. Hope this helps yu make a decision.
I had my Implanon in for 2 years, got it removed in early Jan, 1st period end feb and got positive preg test early April..

Good luck, and if ur late, then maybe go see ur dr and ask for a blood test, they can also do ur hormone levels to see where u are at in ur "cycle" (thats what we did when it took so long for period to return) but in saying that, i had regular ones throughout the whole implanon..
I used implanon for 4years. After I had it out had a light period 2weeks after removal then fell pregnant. For DS2 had implanon in for 12momths and fell pregnant after 2months.
I had no trouble, I had 2 lots of implanon over 5 1/2 yrs and conceived 2 months after removal. they say due to the low dosage your body returns to normal much quicker than the pill, for example. It really depends on your body and your normal cycle. I would get it out earlier, as you said and track your cycle, that way you will be on your regular cycle and can optimise your chances of conception. Good Luck!!!

I have never had implanon, but know someone who had it for over 5 years and only took her about 3 or 4 months to conceive! Good luck smile

Hi jus wantd to know what are my chances of becoming pregnant.. i had implanon sense 2008 after i had my first child and i recently remove it april 24 2013 i was on my period bt it was light from april 8-13 while i was on the implanon and sense i removed it im 28 days late. no sign of my period i took servela test anf all negative i been haven cramping bt no sign of period.. im really trying.too concieve bt i was told i have to have my period.. i been off implanon for a month already. idk what to do.
Hi, I've been reading everyones comments and I had my implant taken out the last week in may 2013 since then my periods have pretty much been normal. I've been trying to concieve and every test I take is negative sad I thought I was pregnant yesterday as I have had some of the symptoms but came on my period this morning. I'm starting to wonder if I've got something wrong with me, everyone around me seems to be falling pregnant and its killing me. HELP!!! Xx
Sign in to follow this topic