Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. this may be a complicated question

this may be a complicated question Lock Rss

whats the best way to TTC without actually TTC? i know its a weird question and may not make sence but i think that i think too much about it when i am trying and i want to not try but get pregnant... im confusing myself now lol

thanks in advance

I'm the same as you. I understand what u are saying but have no solution just wanted to say I feel the same!

its soooo hard... but im resorting to ovulation tests... as my body refuses to cooporate with me im hoping this will help!!!
I wanted to try but not try so I just went off the pill and let my body tell me when i wanted to 'do it' hahahha took about 6 months and we are now 'surprisingly' pregnant haha

I wanted to try but not try so I just went off the pill and let my body tell me when i wanted to 'do it' hahahha took about 6 months and we are now 'surprisingly' pregnant haha

thats awsome congrats grin
Hi! We TTC for about 7 months with no luck. No we are not TTC, but going with the flow.

This means, I still take a healthy vitamin mix (to help my well being), but dont use any testing kits to determine my cycle. Yet, after so long TTC I know that ovulation is between day 12-17 for me, so we just enjoy ourselves, but dont stress out trying every second night if we dont feel like it or if we are tired.

I am not going to buy any early preg tests, but if im late i will then, instead of frantically testing early like before and crying if its negative. I now still enjoy wine and coffee. I dont get drunk, but before when ttc i avoided it. Now if i want 1 or even two glasses, i have it.

i still want to be preg DESPERATELY and want to ttc but it was stressing me and hubby out. He didnt like "trying" anymore as it was so routine and not like us and it was making me anxious if we didnt try on the exact right night. Does that make sense??? Hope so! good luck hon!

I am just buying some off ebay now.. Didn't want to but really need to know!! I bet this cycle will be the one I fall pregnant now that I'm buying 40 ov predictor tests and 20 preg tests! Oh well I'm ok with that smile

haha thats funny my partner was just saying the same thing lol

Hi! We TTC for about 7 months with no luck. No we are not TTC, but going with the flow.

This means, I still take a healthy vitamin mix (to help my well being), but dont use any testing kits to determine my cycle. Yet, after so long TTC I know that ovulation is between day 12-17 for me, so we just enjoy ourselves, but dont stress out trying every second night if we dont feel like it or if we are tired.

I am not going to buy any early preg tests, but if im late i will then, instead of frantically testing early like before and crying if its negative. I now still enjoy wine and coffee. I dont get drunk, but before when ttc i avoided it. Now if i want 1 or even two glasses, i have it.

i still want to be preg DESPERATELY and want to ttc but it was stressing me and hubby out. He didnt like "trying" anymore as it was so routine and not like us and it was making me anxious if we didnt try on the exact right night. Does that make sense??? Hope so! good luck hon!

thanks hun makes perfect sense
With DD2 I just stopped taking the pill and let nature run its course. Not sure how long it took us to conceive - only a month or two I think smile

firstly you need to ditch any ovulation tests, stop charting anything, don't buy early pregnancy tests.

secondly you need to start doing some stuff for you. pamper yourself. feel sexy. go and do something you have wanted to do for ages. Take a vit supplement if you wish, have a good diet, exercise. But do it for you.

thirdly, you and dh need to do things where you can enjoy each others company. Be together, listen to each other and be romantic. Once you get back to basics, you will probably find that you are both in the mood at the times you are most fertile. So just shag when you both really want to! Not every second day for months on end......lol (oooo ejane, just read the thread...wasn't in reference to you - just a general notion of letting the sperm build back up again)

You are no longer trying for a baby, however you are not preventing it from happening. wink
We both my pregnancy we just went off the pill & hubby hates being told we have to have sex tonight. He likes it nice & relax.
Next pregnancy he wants the same thing. I will let him take full control.
I got pregnant the first month with my first. My second was 2 months but has hubby says we weren't really trying the first month so he doesn't included the first month.

Good Luck.

the best thing to do is comcentrate on something else.

Dh and i tried for 7 months, i got sick of getting so upset everytime i got AF, i decided that i didnt want a december baby and would stop trying for that month, instead i would try and lose 5kg,

for 2.5 weeks, we did sit ups, push ups, ride on an exercise bike, ect. until i started coming down with a bug, so i couldnt exercise anymore, i couldnt keep anything down.... it was getting worse and worse as time went on...then i realised i was late, tested and was pregnant smile

i think the relaxation and not stressing did it. i now have a beautiful girl smile, DS took 6 months smile

Did u buy any Internet cheapies from the link Del posted on the other thread? I bought some smile

sure did lol
Sign in to follow this topic