Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

signs of ovulation Rss

Just wondering about basic syptoms around ovulation, My cycle is around the 24-28 days so ovulation for me could have been anywhere from monday-thursday, i got slight cramping today is that a sign? Wat other symptms should i look for?
Cramps can be a sign but not always you should try checking your CM if it resembles egg whites and is very stretchy that is a good sign of O also if you know how to check your cervix it should be high, soft and open at O time.
You should check these everyday to get to know your body and cycle.

Ok thanks heaps... Ive already had 3 chldren, but they were all not planned, so this time around its a little different, even tho it might be easy like the oter times, but can never be too sure and want this to happen...
So the main one is the discharge....? i guess if u dtd everyday ud be safe lol
You can also check cervical position. When you are not fertile or pregnant the cervix is hard (it feels like the end of your nose) and low so it is easy to reach with a finger. When you ovulate it gets really high so that it is quite difficult to touch and feels soft (very much like your lips). After you O your cervix will drop again and become hard and if you become pregnant will lift and become soft again (this can happen after your period is due or before). Hope that makes sense.

The other thing that you could try is taking your basal body temperature. This is when you take you temp each day upon waking and can tell you when you have O. Its a bit complicated to go into here but PM me if you want some tips or for me to elaborate.

Other than that as other people have said cervical mucus is a big one and other than that ovualtion predictor kits.

You can also check cervical position. When you are not fertile or pregnant the cervix is hard (it feels like the end of your nose) and low so it is easy to reach with a finger. When you ovulate it gets really high so that it is quite difficult to touch and feels soft (very much like your lips). After you O your cervix will drop again and become hard and if you become pregnant will lift and become soft again (this can happen after your period is due or before). Hope that makes sense.

The other thing that you could try is taking your basal body temperature. This is when you take you temp each day upon waking and can tell you when you have O. Its a bit complicated to go into here but PM me if you want some tips or for me to elaborate.

Other than that as other people have said cervical mucus is a big one and other than that ovualtion predictor kits.

WOW very intresting, I guess you never look into things likt this until u are actualy TTC... thanks heaps....

WOW very intresting, I guess you never look into things likt this until u are actualy TTC... thanks heaps....

Have you tried charting your temp, take your temp every morning before you get out of bed & your temp will rise when Ovulating, I did that to concieve with my son as I wasnt having a period but some how I was still Ovulating, With MY DD I actually bought a Maybe baby test kit
& was pregnant with a mth of testing with it, Am cureently using the maybe baby again & I suspect im pregnant again as the test shows a fern pattern on under light & it will be Full fern when Ovulating & if pregnant 4 days of full fern me!

Have you tried charting your temp, take your temp every morning before you get out of bed & your temp will rise when Ovulating, I did that to concieve with my son as I wasnt having a period but some how I was still Ovulating, With MY DD I actually bought a Maybe baby test kit
& was pregnant with a mth of testing with it, Am cureently using the maybe baby again & I suspect im pregnant again as the test shows a fern pattern on under light & it will be Full fern when Ovulating & if pregnant 4 days of full fern me!

Thanks.. if it doesnt happen this month will look into the test.. im now 2dpo
Sign in to follow this topic