Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Serious advice needed peeps! Lock Rss

Here's my dilemma.

This is cycle # 3 - ttc
Im on CD 31 of my normally 28 day cycle. On CD 30 I had a blood test taken, I just got the negative result today. The dr said if I implanted on CD 28 (the last possible day of implantation) the pregnancy hormone isn't detectable yet. He said it takes around 4-5 days after implantation for the hormone to rise which as you could imagine im hoping is the case!

I did something really bad! something that I know every1s going to have something negative to say about it =/ on cd 7 & 8 i took unprescribed clomid!! it was my friends im silly I know I had no idea how to take it hence taking it on such late days.. and only 2 pills.. I have no ovulation issues I just thought by taking it I'd increase my chances of conception..how wrong was I! I dont know when I ovulated.. its been such a crazy cycle this one.. Just wanted to know do you think my stupid impulsive clomid taking could've ruined my cycle and thrown off all my dates

At this point if im not pregnant I just wish my period would hurry up and show her ugly face. If shes not here in another 2 days time, I'll do another HPT

Here's my dilemma.

This is cycle # 3 - ttc
Im on CD 31 of my normally 28 day cycle. On CD 30 I had a blood test taken, I just got the negative result today. The dr said if I implanted on CD 28 (the last possible day of implantation) the pregnancy hormone isn't detectable yet. He said it takes around 4-5 days after implantation for the hormone to rise which as you could imagine im hoping is the case!

I did something really bad! something that I know every1s going to have something negative to say about it =/ on cd 7 & 8 i took unprescribed clomid!! it was my friends im silly I know I had no idea how to take it hence taking it on such late days.. and only 2 pills.. I have no ovulation issues I just thought by taking it I'd increase my chances of conception..how wrong was I! I dont know when I ovulated.. its been such a crazy cycle this one.. Just wanted to know do you think my stupid impulsive clomid taking could've ruined my cycle and thrown off all my dates

At this point if im not pregnant I just wish my period would hurry up and show her ugly face. If shes not here in another 2 days time, I'll do another HPT

It is very possible that taking any medication can effect your cycle. Also I believe Clomid works over time (you take it for a couple of weeks to increase your follicles) so taking 2 pills probably didn't have much impact on your ability to concieve but may have effect your hormone levels.

If a blood test has come back negative then chances are your not pregnant. Having said that anyhting is possible if AF is not showing. The only way to truely know the answer is to wait. Your body will give you the answer - one way or the other.

So here is my concern. If you are taking unsubscribed medication then you are probably starting to obsess about not being able to conceive. If you are then that is going to effect your ability to conceive. You need to be able to relax and, if you are concerned about it, then you need to seek medical help to get the right medication for you.

Messing with the natural order of things may have catastrophic consequences. If you are concerned go and see your doctor. Otherwise just let your body do what it was designed to do and have a little faith.

Jen
Hi MzBee,

Sorry for saying this but yes you have most probably by taking clomid, mess up your cycles/cycle length and the messages your body sends your ovaries to release eggs... I would write off this cycle and the next until youre back to your normal cycle lengths.

If you were really intent on TTC, don't mess around with meds that aren't yours.

In saying that you've done it now... best to tell your doc etc what you have done and be honest and get their opinion, cos if you do/are preggies your baby deserves the best start. They will be able to let you know if any risks exist.

Best of luck
Lottie
I know it was very silly of me Jen. I dont plan to ever take it again. DH suffered a TBI (traumatic brain injury) back in March this yr, so in all honesty I am a bit nervous and concerned about my ability to conceive again.. Since the accident he suffers from a bit from erectile dysfunction. Its really frustrating.. He can go wks with no issue and the time when we need it (my fertile wk) it always stuffs up! TMI I know but I purchased a pump which I has worked wonders so far.. I know I need to relax.. Its a bit hard though =/
Hey Lottie

So you rekon if It stuffed up from the clomid next month my dates will go back to normal? Has it ever been heard of that clomid can actually stop you from ovulating all together? or am I just being a bit overly paranoid.. My normal GP knows of what I did with the clomid, but I just went to a random dr for my blood test because my GP is on a Christmas break. So I didn't think I should bother explaining everything... thanks for the well needed advice ladies!

=]
Honi I have done 7 rounds of clomid nd yes it stuffs u up, ur cycles r all over the shop nd O is normally later than normal.

If u want to use clomid, y dnt u try the natural clomid? I will add the link to where to get it. U take it the same as clomid so CD5-9 but its all natural nd brought over the counter.
I cnt stress enough how important it is to b monitored while on clomid, lots of things can happen honi nd u dnt want to stuff up ur chances of having ur miracle from a silly mistake.

R u in Australia? Just so I no which link to send u

I know it was very silly of me Jen. I dont plan to ever take it again. DH suffered a TBI (traumatic brain injury) back in March this yr, so in all honesty I am a bit nervous and concerned about my ability to conceive again.. Since the accident he suffers from a bit from erectile dysfunction. Its really frustrating.. He can go wks with no issue and the time when we need it (my fertile wk) it always stuffs up! TMI I know but I purchased a pump which I has worked wonders so far.. I know I need to relax.. Its a bit hard though =/

In ur fertile week honi does DH no its "the time"? it maybe putting pressure on him to "proform"
I would suggest also that he takes some vitamins, I can give u a list if u like?
I'm sorry to hear that things have been so hard for you. My sister had brain trauma and was in a coma for 8 months. We nearly lost her altogether so I do understand.

I hope that you find a way to relax and just enjoy the experience. DH will be much more comfortable if he can enjoy himself without the pressure.

I know that I still have demons every day even though it has been nearly 2 years since my sister came home again. Sometimes the fears that lurk within us make us act in ways we wouldn't normally.

I hope things get better for you and remember there are loads of great professionals around if you need help.

Jen
Thanks Del... Yeah im from Sydney Australia... =] I try my hardest not to put preassure on him he was taking menevit... I bought him a little bottle though so its finished... You rekon I should get the same one or is there another one you recommend??

Thanks Jen, you would no then the distress it can cause. 8 months in a coma is such a long time =o DH was in an induced coma for 9wks as his brain was swelling they had a drain in his head and removed his temporal bone (he now has titanium there) to allow the swelling to occur with hope that it wont do much damage. He is a miracle. With his injuries its a suprise he even made it. He can now walk and talk just like he use to but his cognitive skills and short term memory has been effected . He was in a Brain Rehabilitation Unit for 4 months where he learnt to do everything again. When the incident happened my DS was 2 months old... I feel to an extent that I missed out on him grow. Most of his first year of life was spent in hospital waiting rooms and wards. I feel terrible. DS will be 1 God willing on January 13th. He is so attached to me I kind of feel bad for wanting another child =/ but because of these issues I thought why wait. We want a big family and hopefully our youth is on side in making that dream happen. Im 23 and DH is 24.. Thankyou everyone for all your support.

Btw AF arrived yesterday afternoon! So hopefully I didn't do too much damage to my cycle!

Thanks Del... Yeah im from Sydney Australia... =] I try my hardest not to put preassure on him he was taking menevit... I bought him a little bottle though so its finished... You rekon I should get the same one or is there another one you recommend??

Thanks Jen, you would no then the distress it can cause. 8 months in a coma is such a long time =o DH was in an induced coma for 9wks as his brain was swelling they had a drain in his head and removed his temporal bone (he now has titanium there) to allow the swelling to occur with hope that it wont do much damage. He is a miracle. With his injuries its a suprise he even made it. He can now walk and talk just like he use to but his cognitive skills and short term memory has been effected . He was in a Brain Rehabilitation Unit for 4 months where he learnt to do everything again. When the incident happened my DS was 2 months old... I feel to an extent that I missed out on him grow. Most of his first year of life was spent in hospital waiting rooms and wards. I feel terrible. DS will be 1 God willing on January 13th. He is so attached to me I kind of feel bad for wanting another child =/ but because of these issues I thought why wait. We want a big family and hopefully our youth is on side in making that dream happen. Im 23 and DH is 24.. Thankyou everyone for all your support.

Btw AF arrived yesterday afternoon! So hopefully I didn't do too much damage to my cycle!

OK do u have a chemist called Chimist wearhouse near u? If not I will send u a link where u can buy it on line from them.
Also I would suggest DH takes Vitamin C, Zinc nd spermMax would b a better 1 for him as it also increases lilbo.
Well.... I came on this thread to help you... and now I am crying like a baby because for the first time someone else understands what happened to me.

My DD was just 3 months old when my sister got ill. We were at the hospital every second day for eight months and I, like you, always feel like I missed her growing up. Not just because we were at the hospital but because my head was so mixed up.

I have tried to explain it to my family but they always tell me that DD is fine. That she's not effected at all. They don't understand that I feel like I missed being a proper mother.

Part of my motivation to have another one is so that I can just be in the moment and really experience that first year.

I am so glad someone else understands. Its something I just don't talk about anymore.

Sorry or my rambling.

Jen smile
Oh. Glad to hear your cycle is ok. Best o luck for next month. smile

Jen
Sign in to follow this topic