Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF - Egg Collection Rss

Good Evening Ladies

Well im about to start my first round of IVF (AF due tomorrow). Anyway i know im jumping the gun abit but i want to let my work know of leave i will be having over the next couple of weeks. I start blood tests and ultrasounds on CD9.

Anyways with regards to egg collection what CD was this for you and did you only take the day of surgery off work or the following day too? Then obviously i will need time off for the transfer.

I live in the country so its pretty much a whole day thing for me unless it a blood test at 7.30am in the morning then back to work by 10.30am.

Sorry for the long post - just wanting to be organised!

Thank you in advance.

xoxoxo
Hi Deb., I had my collection a few weeks ago. You will be really exhausted and sore after as your under aneasthetic. I only took one day off. bUt if you have annuals I would recommend taking as much time off. Your doc will give you instructions on what to do and I would just run with that. As they all advise different things. the 2ww becomes impossible at stages so would recommend somehting nice for you. Something relaxing. I dont think you will be up to working but then again you may work out diff to me. I didn't go back to work till the next day.
Hi. Day of my egg collection felt woozy. Slept a lot and back to running around after kids the next day. Though got my liscence photo taken, and ido look a little washed out. Girl opposite me in recovery, spewed and was very wobbly. Heard her say "this always happens" so is obviously just how she reacts to sedative??? My day of collection was variable as I was donating and had to wait for her wall to be a certain thickness, then coordinate my follicles. Also with her eggs she had to go back for transfer earlier as hers had a habit of stopping reproducing day 3 (maybe husbands sperm as happened with several donors??). Anywhoo, there was a lot of last minute blood tests and scheduling for surgery. Good luck, I hated the nasal spray stuff the worst, blech...
Thanks for your replies ladies...i think im going to take a few extra days off. i have plenty of annual leave so thats no problem at all. I dont come out of anesthetic very well!!

Well its CD30 for me and no AF!! Usually im a 28 day cycle - have had sore boobs for a week but not sure whats going on!! Just want AF to hurry up so we can get started.

And yes the nasal spray is discusting..makes me gag when it hits my throat!!
the drugs play havoc on AF Deb. Dont worry about it it will turn up just when its ready.

the drugs play havoc on AF Deb. Dont worry about it it will turn up just when its ready.

Thanks tands....AF finally arrived yesterday (3 days late) and with a vengance too sad started our puregon injections this morning...yuck sad

Thanks tands....AF finally arrived yesterday (3 days late) and with a vengance too sad started our puregon injections this morning...yuck sad

Good luck debstar....xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Mrs Flash!!

Hope your pregnancy is going well??

xoxoxoxo
Hi

When I had my eggs collected I had a complication with my lungs on the surgery table (under a general). Although I felt ok on the day the next day I couldn't move and I was all over the place mentally.

I suggest you take as much time off as you can. I was really stressed out after the transfer and I think that may of contributed to it not working.

I would get as much relaxation and "me time" as you can through the whole process. Its easy to fool yourself that you are coping and that you are strong when you really aren't and your elevated eostrogyn levels may have you climbing the walls.

Be kind to your self and never feel bad about telling people to give you some space. I had to hide away in the car one day just to get away from the noises around me.

Sounds crazy but then I think I was crazy. lol

Best of luck.

Jenny

they reacon the puregon is better then the gonal-f least side effects but who know (you if you tried both) when do you collect the eggs do they have the specific day or do they wait till as many follicals grow
good luck with everything

Thats great to know thanks unique1!! I really havent had any side effects with puregon!!

Im not sure when they will collect the eggs...i have blood test on Friday and ultrasound saturday and one the nurses have my results they will go from there!!

Hi

When I had my eggs collected I had a complication with my lungs on the surgery table (under a general). Although I felt ok on the day the next day I couldn't move and I was all over the place mentally.

I suggest you take as much time off as you can. I was really stressed out after the transfer and I think that may of contributed to it not working.

I would get as much relaxation and "me time" as you can through the whole process. Its easy to fool yourself that you are coping and that you are strong when you really aren't and your elevated eostrogyn levels may have you climbing the walls.

Be kind to your self and never feel bad about telling people to give you some space. I had to hide away in the car one day just to get away from the noises around me.

Sounds crazy but then I think I was crazy. lol

Best of luck.

Jenny

Hi Jenny thanks for your words of advice there!! I am a very busy person with work and socially but yes these last couple of weeks i have really slowed down and have been trying to have more "me" time!!

I know what you mean about just having to get away from noises - we have a room in the middle of the house which is really dark and sometimes i will just lay in there for hours to get away from light and noises!

I have plenty of annual leave and sick leave (i worked out to have around 20 weeks of sick & AL) so thats not an issue , so i think i will try and take a week off and bum around home watching dvds (will definately be something new for me!!)

Thank you
My pleasure. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you are successful first go.

We are going back next month for a frostie transfer so hopefully I will be able to take my own advice this time and take it easy.

Best of luck

Jenny

Hi Jenny thanks for your words of advice there!! I am a very busy person with work and socially but yes these last couple of weeks i have really slowed down and have been trying to have more "me" time!!

I know what you mean about just having to get away from noises - we have a room in the middle of the house which is really dark and sometimes i will just lay in there for hours to get away from light and noises!

I have plenty of annual leave and sick leave (i worked out to have around 20 weeks of sick & AL) so thats not an issue , so i think i will try and take a week off and bum around home watching dvds (will definately be something new for me!!)

Thank you
Sign in to follow this topic