Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Thinking about surrogacy Rss

Hey, I have friend who for no known medical reason doesn't seem to be able to conceive with his partner. They have tried IUI once but that didn't work and they question the cost of it verses the effectiveness of the process. I have often concidered offering to be a surrogate as I have never had problems with getting preg and and have thought they would make great parents. What holds me back are the following: Nature has reasons for things; who am I to interfare? Is it my place to offer such a thing as they haven't asked? How will it truely affect my family and work?

It's a big decision and so I would like to hear from other people about what they think of it. Is it ok to offer? What impacting factors I may not have considered yet? I don't want to open a can of worms for them if I am not 100% sure that I want to do this. It is a big deal and will have a big impact for both them and I.
Please help!
It would depend on where you live as to whether it would even be legal as it in some states surragancy isn't recognised. You would also need to check the conditions, some medical conditions don't make the couple 'eligible' for surragacy. Also you need to be betwwen an certain age, be done with kids yourself etc etc before you could be considered.

Before even thinking about discussing it with them I would check it all out first, and then think about from there.

I have had a number of miscarriages and my sister-in-law offered to act as a surrogate for me, I was thrilled. But it turns out that my ability to concieve (I just can't hold onto pregnancies) meant that I was't eligible and I was devasted. I really got my hope up. I am desperate for another child so any vague hope gets me very emotional. I'm guessing your friend might be the same so I wouldn't offer unless you knew it was legally possible, and 100% what you want to do.

I agree with the PP. i would try and find a little more information out about whether or not you qualify first as a surrogate. THen i would try and descretely find out what kind of problems they are having, whether they just cant fall or cant hold onto. If she was a really good friend i would defintaely offer, it would be the most amazing gift you could ever give her.
Best of luck and i hope things work out how you want them too.

I agree with the PP. i would try and find a little more information out about whether or not you qualify first as a surrogate. THen i would try and descretely find out what kind of problems they are having, whether they just cant fall or cant hold onto. If she was a really good friend i would defintaely offer, it would be the most amazing gift you could ever give her.
Best of luck and i hope things work out how you want them too.

hi my name is Tammy
My husband an l are going through surrogacy in thailand because we were unable to do it in australia
Thanks Ladies.
I don't know what things are like for you in Oz but I am guesing things maybe a little different in NZ. I will definately look into things before I open my mouth.
Thanks for taking the time to offer your opinions, much appreciated.
smile
I discussed with my husband about beig a surrogate for friends of ours, and at first he didn't like the idea - he didn't think I would be able to give the baby up, but 6 months later when I brought the topic up again he said he would support me 100%.
So we invited our friends over for dinner one night and I told them that I believe they would make great parents and if they wished, I would be happy to carry thier child.
They were shocked and overwhelmed and I told them to think about it and let me know if they were interested.
2 days later I gave them a call and asked if they had discussed my offer and they were happy that I had offered and if I was serious then they would love to go through with it.
Because this had never come up before, they were completely shocked, so I say come straight out with it, and give them some time, but let them know that you are serious.
There certainly is lot to consider... there is lots of helpful info. here for people exploring the idea or those want to help or be helped.

http://www.eden-community.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/EDEN-Donorship-IV...
https://twitter.com/EDENcommunity_

Hi, i hope you are doing well. I appreciate your decision. You are doing a great job. Being a surrogate is not easy. I am happy for you that your partner supports you. Well, the process is not complicated. It is easy to carry someone's sperm. There are many clinics offering services. I recommend you to visit Bio TexCom. It is the best clinic of Ukraine. They are also offering the transportation and stay expenses. The process is guaranteed. If any case, the process failed, you will get your money back. Their packages are also affordable. For more details visit their website.
Hey there How are you doing? I hope its all great. I am really sorry to hear about your friend. Its really breaks my heart to think about it. It must be hard for her. However, you seem to be a very caring friend. Surrogacy is really a great way to get your happiness back. It helps you a lot. I have had it. It's amazing. Search clinic in Ukraine. They are very well known for it. I hope you get what you want. I hope your friend gets her happiness. Take care. good luck.
Though I appreciate your decision it takes courage to do that and you are a courageous lady. But yes you have a correct number of fears. One of the thing that must be considered is. If this treatment is legal at the place you live. Or whether they might have choices over they would get to get pregnant, There is nothing wrong being a surrogate offering someone to be their surrogate. You might ask them for surrogacy. Let them know how it happens and what are needs. And then see how the matter works. Good luck.
Your post cannot leave one indifferent. What a lovely lady you are! I've never seen such huge altruistic will to help a friend with such a big deal. OMG, how does this comes to people's mind! I'm definitely not that risky..The thing you're planning to offer is super great, but I'd wait for them to ask you this first. This way it won't look like you interfere with none of your business. You know, infertility problems could cause additional stress/worries/blames/whatever people usually aren't willing to be open about. This must be a mutual decision for both sides. And it's definitely would be better if you're asked 'Will you do it for us?' And you say 'YES!' I guess this way is the safest. And right now try to be a rock of support for your friend. 1 failed iui is not the end of the world she must know. Be kind to her nerves if any - this is not her, this is infertility..God bless you!
Hi Abi! I hope you are in good health. I am so sorry to hear about your friend’s infertility problem. I am so glad they have such a considerate friend like you. If you are willing to go for it than there is nothing to worry about. I think what you are doing is one of the greatest acts of humanity. I have also gotten my child through surrogacy from my Ukraine. I have nothing but great respect for surrogate mothers. They are literally angels in disguise. I am sure you will make a great surrogate mother. You don’t have to overthink this decision. If you are willing and your partner is willing than I suggest you ask your friends. Best of luck. Hope everything works out for your guys. My best wishes.
Sign in to follow this topic