Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesarean Births

SoLucky!

contraception Rod in Arm

Hi Ladies, I have a 3year old DS and a Four month old DD, my partner and i decided that we have h...

3 replies

I was really lucky and didnt have any bleeding but my doctor also told me that it can happen. He told me to come back if it got to b...

Cass Brown

Natural Birth after Natural birth then C-Section??

I am having baby number 3. I am due in 12th July. For my first baby, I had a completely natural b...

1 reply

I too have had one natural birth (first born) & a c-section after 15 hours of labour. I completely understand why you wouldnt want t...

Jaylee

Operating Table Dilema

I have a problem when I'm on the operating table, when they tilt the bed backwards I feel like ...

10 replies

Thank you for sharing with me...... I read up on the internet and it said that the anaesthetic can affect the chest wall and give th...

mum2callum

elective caesar...but

Hi all, I had a csect with ds1 because he was breech. I'm booked to have a csect 30th Jan with #2...

4 replies

My DS was born by elective c-section due to him being breech. I tried for VBAC with my daughter, she was 10 days over cooked and wel...

What does baby need in NICU?

I forgot to ask at my appointment yesterday (where I got all my other stupid questions out of the...

8 replies

hi my bub was in nicu and special care unit. Everything they will need is there i packed a big bag of stuff and ended up taking it h...

Familyof Five

Got My Date

Getting excited now I have been given my C Section date. I had my appointment today for 31-32 wee...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Lauren Murtagh

Elective c sections in public hospitals

Hi everyone, My husband and I are trying for our next child but after a traumatic recovery after ...

7 replies

Thanks girls, yeah I have already had quite a lot of not so helpful or nice opinions thrust on me about my choice. Good to know you ...

Heidi 321

Planned C Section

(i know this may sound selfish) but my doctor is currently away and i am seeing a fill in doc. My...

1 reply

(i know this may sound selfish) but my doctor is currently away and i am seeing a fill in doc. My normal doc has me booked in for a...

Familyof Five

C section date?

At what appointment did they book your planed c section? I have had 2 emergency c sections so I ...

6 replies

i got my elective date at 36week appt, had her at 39 weeks. goodluck

lulu13

c/section baby no.2

I had an elective c section first time around, myself and ob felt it was the best decision for me...

3 replies

I think it may depend on the state you are in? I am in QLD and my first was emergency c-section. My 2nd I asked for a c-section ...

Tinak-390

TTC and got told next bub had to be c section

HI Just wanted to get some info. After my son was born nearly 4 years ago i was told i would need...

3 replies

Not sure about VBACs but I have had 2 cs and they are really not that bad. Both mine were with epidurals so I was awake during. It ...

Dakotasmummy

hospital stay after caesarean question

Hi What happens after you have had a c-section and bottle feed? Do the midwives get you up and wa...

38 replies

I just thought I would let you all know how it went this morning. Spoke to the midwife and she said that they are there to support ...

snowqueen

I didn't get to hold my baby

I didn't get to hold my baby on the day she was born because of intruding in-laws. My baby is now...

17 replies

I'm sorry about what you have had to put up with and can totally understand how you would feel but i have to ask..where is your husb...

TJC2010

Back Pain after an Epidural

Hi A year ago I had to have an emergency caesarean. During the pregnancy I was fortunate enough t...

2 replies

Yes i had BAD back pain after my epidural, but it only lasted 2 weeks, like rellimc said it shouldnt still be causing you pain :/

WendiWoo

What pain relief can you take after the caesar?

I've got a planned caesar in a couple of weeks and was wondering what pain killers can be taken a...

8 replies

day one and two I had a morphine pump, day 3 to 5 I took a mixture of tramadol (sp? I think its morphine based but in a tablet) volt...

Teagy-Leigh

Has anyone had their tubes tied while having a c-section?

Hi ladies, I am booked in for my 5th c-section and am getting my tubes tied at the same time, and...

2 replies

Hi ladies, I am booked in for my 5th c-section and am getting my tubes tied at the same time, and i am just curious to see if anyon...

Shannonmummy#2

What to pack for a caesarean birth

Hello im having an elective c section at 39 weeks due to tramatic birth of my niece which i witne...

9 replies

I just wore t-shirts and like others lose trousers. My hospital provided clothes for the baby while in hospital so ask your midwife ...

So in love

How long to wait

Hi my husband & I are having a debate about how long you have to wait to have sex after a c/ sect...

5 replies

We waited a whole 8 days! :S

New2oz

SPD

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had an elective cesarean due to SPD? I have just moved across to...

5 replies

I spent a week in hospital trying to learn how to walk with SPD. I am allergic to codiene so had no help. But accupuncture did work ...

Tryingfor#2

2nd child, but having a c-sect

Hi everyone, Have had a fair bit of struggle this pregnancy with my hips and excruciating pain (...

18 replies

Well I finally had an appointment with the cesarean consultant and he's agreed (along with the knowledge of my doctor recommending I...

missymoo_moo

3rd C-section but pregnant after only 3 months since last c-section!

Hi ladies just wanting to hear if anyone has ever been in the same situation and had a good outco...

11 replies

When i had my last c-section the doctor said i see you back in a year and i said no you will not. He said alot of people who he done...

hayden82007

CANT WAIT

Hi to my new bub, I cant beleive that in less than 48 hours I will bw a new mum again, cant wait...

1 reply

Hi to my new bub, I cant beleive that in less than 48 hours I will bw a new mum again, cant wait to meet you bub.Booked in for 1pm...

Caitie :)

Second child, will they do a c-section

I have just had my first child and had to have an emergancy c-section... If i have a second chil...

21 replies

I had an emergency c-section due to my babies heart rate dropping at every contraction and slow progress. I was advised that becaus...

BellyDancingDanni

Just a question I had

I have a question about wether it is expected that mothers have c/s when gving birth to twins. Th...

11 replies

My friend had her identical twin boys naturally at32 weeks. Maybe it depends on the hospital???

ally_cat

exercise after a c-section

i had a cs 4weeks ago and was starting to think about wat kind of exercise i can do in a couple o...

6 replies

thanks. i wasnt expecting to be able to do anything much. i still have a couple of weeks to go so might loose abit more weight and i...

E_Jw

STILL having problems..

I had DD in September last year via emergency C-Section at 30 weeks. I had PE and HELLP and had a...

3 replies

Yes i have had 2 of them my last was 5 1/2 years ago often when in bed and i cough i have sharp pains down their i have often gone t...

Disco_Chick_15

feeling cheated

Hi I have a 2yr old son. I was 35week when i had to have a c-section due to pre eclampsia. Now al...

11 replies

I can understand your disapointment. But saying that I had a planned c section with my daughter and I didn't feel cheated at all. Al...

KS058C

has any one had 4 caesarean

hey my name is kadek just found out im around 6 weeks preg and im a bit worried bout how my body ...

7 replies

I have also had four c/sections with 16 1/2 months, 17 1/2 months & 18 months between them. My last I didn't heal as quickly but t...

Intruding Visitors after C-section.

You tell the people at the reception, your midwifes and write a birth plan. State that in NO cir...

28 replies

It appalls me that some people are so insensitive or so arrogant that they would intrude upon the most private moment of your life -...

ally_cat

pain after a csection

hey i had an emergency c-section 3weeks ago. and keep getting an aching pain in the right side fe...

5 replies

i had c-section with my ds at the end of april this year, i too had pain on the right side of scar, and every time i got up from ch...

3 boisterous boys

2 C-SECTIONS will i need a 3rd?

Hi I'm looking to see if people have had the same or similar experience as me.. My first pregnanc...

3 replies

Hi I'm looking to see if people have had the same or similar experience as me.. My first pregnancy i got induced 11 days over and a...

Scoot Scoot

Bleeding after c sect

Hello ladies just a question that I feel silly about asking but need to know. I am having a c s...

6 replies

yep straight away, sorry, lol. I had 2 cs and both times have been in theatre without knickers because catheter was in and you come ...

C-section complications - traumatic birth

Hi, I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced a similar thing to me during childbirth.....

8 replies

Hi, I suffered a ruptured uterus with my 4th baby. I had an emergency c-section with my first due to fetal distress, then 2 natural...

missymoo_moo

Help pregnant only 4 months after having my DD!!!

Hi just wondering if anyone else is in the same position I have a 2year old DS and a 4 month old ...

9 replies

Thanks everyone i am going to the doctors tommorrow to make it official! Just very curious to see when my due date is wether it wil...

Angelbarbie33

Bleeding on mini pill after c section

I had a non elective c section 4 and a half weeks ago and had very little bleeding afterwards. Th...

3 replies

hi. after the birth of my first bub (not c-sect) i went on the mini pill after about 3 months..had had no bleeding since the inital ...

Familyof Five

Tape removal ?

I will be having my 3rd c section next year and one thing I'm not looking forward to is taking th...

3 replies

Thank you for the tips. The first time the tape was left on and the nurse who came to my first home visit had to take it off for me ...

A69A5

Choosing elective c-sect after 2 difficult vaginal births.

I had 2 large overdue babies with labours that were slow to progress. My first was induced at 10d...

6 replies

Hi, I had a vaginal delivery with DD1. 18 hours of labour, not progressing well so was induced and had an epidural. She ended up bei...

Baguette

Bleeding after ceasearen?

People have been suggesting I stock up on maternity pads for after LO is born, but if I have a ce...

13 replies

I had very heavy bleeding for the first week but as the weeks progressed the flow started to ease and then stopped.

Jonesy253

VBAC Induction?????

Hey everyone very new to this, but am very interested to know if it is possible to be induced aft...

14 replies

Im currently 6 days over with bubs #2, planning to have a VBAC. So far, no real sign of bubs, just a lot of bh! I went to one doctor...

bark23

Placenta Previa

Hi, I am currently 31wks pregnant and have been diagnosed with Placenta Previa. Think its a grade...

6 replies

Hi all, thanks for sharing your stories has put me at ease a little! I have grade 4 placenta previa found at 19 weeks and had a bl...