Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesarean Births

Angelaelliott20

VBAC at Coffs Harbour Base Public Hospital

Hi everyone, Im having alot of trouble finding information regarding Coffs Harbour Base hospital ...

1 reply

I know this is a few months old now, but i had a planned c-section (due to my daughter being breech) with my first on the Sunny Coas...

Booking c-section 2morow. What questions should I ask??

Hi Ds&alien, heres a few might you might consider: - What kind of pain management will you be ...

3 replies

Not a question per se but, I highly recommend asking them for a stool softener or laxative if you get put on anything with codeine i...

Unplanned/ emergency...???

Gotta love "no kid" experts roll eyes Can't say I've heard that term though - I was told 3rd t...

9 replies

I ended up having an 'unplanned C Section' but it was noted on my medical notes as an emergency C Section. I think sometimes the wo...

Looks like number 2 will have to be a cesarean

I agree with melmul as long as you and bubs are healthy thats all that matters. I've had 4 vagin...

1 reply

I was really dissapointed that i didn't get to give birth naturally, i felt robbed. Second time around i didn't want to put myself t...

Pen232008

Having natural birth after c section.

Hi Ladies, I am debating whether to try for natural birth rather than c section this time round w...

5 replies

Nai&Beau wrote: Thanks Keeki! It's going heaps fast now I can't believe its almost here. I kinda what time to slow down now. How are...

Alli-cat

Epidural? how did you handle it?

I hate needles. It has taken me a long time to sit still for a needle or blood test without passi...

7 replies

As long as I don't see anything I should be fine. Saw the needle last blood test. Took every bit of strength I had not to pass out.

Gabby23

c section 3 months ago and still hurting

My baby was born 3 months ago on Saturday just gone via emergency c section. I was cut open (this...

14 replies

Ashley666 wrote: hey smile i had an emergency csection at 38 weeks with my daughter who is now 2 and a half- my recovery seemed nor...

Serendipity575

my first c-section is booked... what should I expect??

Hi All, Hope you're all having a great weekend! So I had an antenatal appointment few days ago...

25 replies

I haven't had a c section but just wanted to say that I have a few friends who have had c section who have recovered much faster and...

Staceyriches13

2 naturals 2 c sections 1 pregnancy

hi all, i am a mother of 4 ..my first 2 were natural no complications or drugs very long labours ...

1 reply

Depends on your hospital, your ob/doctor and how your scars have healed and health factors along the way with the pregnancy. I was ...

Elective Csection.

Hi, i havent had a c-section myself but my friend had one a month ago, it was elective and in a p...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
KNMendis

Absolutely petrified.........

Hi there, hoping that any Mum or qualified professional (RN/Midwife) out there can help with this...

1 reply

I have had 3 c-sec's and will be having my 4th in December. May I ask, how was your elective c-sec? I ask because my first was unpla...

Awolf78

when do you get booked in for elective c -sect?

I had an emergency c-section with my DS (now 13mths) Just found out I pregnant with #2, and am ha...

6 replies

It really depends on your hospital I think. I had an emergency c-section with DS and as soon as I saw my OB for number 2 he told me...

Kazza02

Children at the hospital?

Possibly a strange question, but can you bring older children to hospital to wait while you are i...

3 replies

That's what I thought may be the case.

Emmabelle

Unnecessary C-Section

4 months ago my bub was born via emergency c-section. I was grateful for a healthy bub but upset ...

7 replies

Thanks for your advise Nai&Beau I actually just learnt about Doolas - i will look into getting one but it depends on how much they ...

Robbed of the experience?

My son is now 13 weeks old and i love him more than i would ever be able to describe. My pregnanc...

28 replies

I know how you feel. I can't say I gave birth to my bub, as in my mind I didn't and it breaks my heart. Everyone I speak too tells...

Tryingfor#2

C-Section 9 months ago, having pain.

Hello all! Thought I'd pop in to pick some brains... I had my csection 9 months ago, and for the ...

1 reply

Yeh that's what I thought too...Hmmm yep I think I'll book an appointment once I know what hubby's work roster is (as my GP is an ho...

hoola-hoop

Caesar only 5weeks away!!!

Well, my 2nd caesar is only 5weeks away & I can't wait to meet my baby. I feel lke I've been preg...

4 replies

Thank you

Gabby23

pain after emergency cesarean

So after much wonderful advice from mums on here I sought help from my gp while taking my son to ...

3 replies

Most of the pain starts around where my ribs end. It definately feels like muscle pain. Also, its kind of hard to describe but right...

Arisa

Bruising after section at 7 weeks PP, is that normal?

Okay so I thought the pain in my back and abdomen was caused by SPD but I am thinking its the c s...

~Haze~

really scared

im 19weeks preg with my 2nd and my midwife has already said i may need to have a c-section, the i...

12 replies

Its honestly not that and really, I mean i do not regret it and I had an emergency one but was planning an elective hey I missed out...

minibee

4th c-section, is it booked for 39 weeks or 38 weeks? (NZ)

Hi Ladies, I am (about 3 months) pregnant with my 4th baby and this will also be my fourth c-sec...

5 replies

I'm on my 3rd C-Section and my OB gave me dates to choose from at 12 weeks. These were up to two weeks early. I choose 39wks, the lo...

jdmum

Has anyone had a c-sec at bankstown Hospital NSW

Just wondering if anyone has had a c-sec at Bankstown hospital NSW and your thoughts/what it was ...

Kazza02

When will they book me in this time?

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how close to your due date in a public hospital do they book...

3 replies

I've had 2 & this will be my 3rd. All in public hospital. #1 was emergency at 35 weeks due to multiple hemmoraging throughout pregna...

*misskel*

a question for all you c/section mama's...

I am having my first (and last) c/section for my second bub in about 4 weeks time. I have researc...

18 replies

hi there! i had an elective csection so i was kinda prepared. lol like everyone else said, take it easy for the first 6 weeks after ...

Lolasmurf

date is booked!

Hi everyone, Well my 3rd caesar is booked- only a few days away!! Starting to get very nervous ...

1 reply

How exciting. I hope your anaethetist says you can have a spinal. I hope everything goes well and look forward to reading your birth...

~NoDdY~

PP magazine article about c-sections

HELLO!!! So I was reading Practical Peranting magazine (I buy it sometimes if they have an artic...

43 replies

I have had 3 c sections, the first labour was going good for the first 26 hours then after trying everything including for...

AG56D1

will i have one again?

hi ladies!! i am the proud mum of 1 lil girl who has just turned 4 years old an 2 days ago found ...

5 replies

Depends on a few things as to whether you have another c-sect. They won't induce you if you go overdue, you need to go into labour ...

AG56D1

will i have one again?

hi ladies!! i am the proud mum of 1 lil girl who has just turned 4 years old an 2 days ago found ...

Mellycolly

Elective C Section at Public Hospital in WA

Hi there, I had an emergency c section for my DS at a private hospital. Im thinking of next time...

4 replies

i cant see any reason why they would disallow you a c-ser. you can discuss it with the dr's you see when you go to your nominated ho...

Kirstieandmiranda

Bleeding after c-section

Hi everyone I went into early labour at 35 weeks and had to have an emergency c-section as my pla...

3 replies

SO i saw my surgeon today and she said the bleeding is caused by an infection. Im on antibiotics and it should settle down soon. tha...

hoola-hoop

Got my date for Caesarean no.2, Scared!!! :(

Hi, I had an emergency c-sec with dd1 Aug 2009 & it'll be just over 3yrs exactly (Aug 28th) when ...

4 replies

Good luck with your delivery in 13 weeks. Hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes well. I have had two c sections. First was pla...

sam_89

Intra Abdominal Infection after C- Section

Hi, After my emergency c-section about 10 days later I ended up with an intra abdominal infectio...

4 replies

Turns out it is a para umbilical hernia, so now am on the waiting list for Hernia repair surgery, hopefully after this my stomach wi...

Mel_NC

Midwives ok with elective c-sections???

Hi there, so i had my first birth naturally but it went AWFUL and i would like to atleast be able...

Thin caesarean scar at last caesarean

Hi I had my 3rd caesarean in January, I have a 7 yr old dd, twin 6 yr old dd's and my 9 month old...

20 replies

My c-section scar was raised and stayed for a long time. It made me self conscious.. I tried a bunch of cheap creams, like the stuff...

Nonabel

TTC#2 after a cesarean

Hi all, I would like to know, when is it a good time to try to conceive for the second time aft...

6 replies

My obs told me to wait 18mths before ttc. I have also read that the best time in terms of primal conditions for new baby (I.e., full...

lulu13

c/s after a c/s

First pregnancy i had a elective c/section privately and am now looking to have a second. I had m...

17 replies

I had a emergency C/S with my son and was up and out of bed within 12 hours. I had a elective C/S with my daughter as i had complica...

'Elective' Caesarean

My son is now 4.5 months old and i have been judged from the word go. Today i snapped. I was ind...

12 replies

i agree with the sentiment shared in all these posts. i think it doesn't matter how bub came out as long as they & mum are healthy ...

Mummy 4 the 1st time

Recovery after caesar

Hi ladies Some advice needed I'm booked for my Caesar on the 7th March my family and DHs fami...

15 replies

Hi ladies Some advice needed I'm booked for my Caesar on the 7th March my family and DHs family live interstate we were in deba...

MMLA

Bicorunate Uterus

Hi everyone I am a first time mum & am nearly 31 weeks pregnant. I was only informed at my las...

1 reply

Hi everyone I am a first time mum & am nearly 31 weeks pregnant. I was only informed at my last check up (30 weeks) that I had a...

nospringchicken!!!!!

How early were you when you first felt your baby move???

Hi I am 11 weeks and 3 days and I was sitting at my computer waiting for a message from my brothe...

3 replies

Hi With my DS I first felt movement/flutters at 14 weeks, first definite kick 19 weeks With my DD I first felt flutters at 9weeks & ...