Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesarean Births

Julie_Heeney

5 days to caesarean

Hi I am booked in for my 2nd Caesarean in 8 years and I have been told that I need both an epidur...

7 replies

Oh how exciting. All the best.

mummypride

how did emergency c section effect you?

I just had child number 3 and with my first two pregnancies I had complication only minor and had...

4 replies

My husband is amazing and so understanding. He always tells me he can barely see it when he knows its bothering me. Hes such a bad l...

mummypride

eczema?

Hey girls... my 3 yr old has really bad eczema so I thought I would share my favourite treatments...

2 replies

Rosie Mumma wrote: Pro-biotics helps my DD's eczema from the inside out wink Ooh Rosie mumma- thanks for that. I've had e...

2 little blondies

Tummy Tuck

I've heard a rumour that the dr's will give you a mini tummy tuck with your second (or any subseq...

18 replies

I know this post is very old, but I'm wondering if it's something they do more routinely now? Mines is less of an apron a...

Catheters and suppositories

I didn't get any suppositories and I thought they just pulled the catheter out but tbh I did...

7 replies

For me they did suppository while I was still in surgery for once the spinal wore off. I only knew they did it because I mentioned ...

Anni_b

Scared!!!

Hey lovelies, 2 questions... I'm booked in for a planned cesarian in 2 weeks as my baby is...

9 replies

Thanks so much for raising those points ladies! I am meeting with my anaesthesist next week and you know what I'm going to ask....

wolfbaby

2nd c-sec booked. afterpains question

so Im booked for my 2nd C-section, in 4wks. I a little scared as the worst part for me last time ...

2 replies

I have all the notes from that op, and theres nothing in it about the bad pain! but then theres nothing in it about either me blacki...

Soul mumma

VBAC after failed induction (and subsequent caesarean)

Hello ladies, Hoping I could hear some stories about VBACs. I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my ...

15 replies

Great to hear Soul mumma, please keep us updated!

MrsMum2boys

3rd Csection - Anyone stayed 24 hours?

Hi everyone Coming up to my 3rd csection in October and just wondering if anyone had stayed only...

4 replies

I just wanted to update this incase anyone else reading in the future wanted to know the same thing... I spoke to my OB and she s...

Lizeldridge91

Urgent please help, 3rd pregnancy been advised to abort

My partner and I are 6 weeks pregnant and so excited. This was very unplanned but we are so happy...

7 replies

Has your Dr told you no more babies ever or not just yet? I've had three children all via c-section and with my last my previo...

KexAlexandra

Caesareans.

Hi there mummies. I am a little shocked at the moment. My daughter is 6 months old and was born ...

4 replies

Hi I personally had 4 c-sections. They where quite close ie, September 2004, Sept 2005 and Sept 2006. my last was Nov 2009. drs nev...

wolfbaby

so confused!

at my booking in apt, I spoke to head mw n she told me its my choice if I have a csec or try vbac...

2 replies

thanx. I hope they give the ok. its scary cause they arent the ones who are at risk

mumma of 4

Scared with not knowing much

This is my third pregnancy, previous two i had natural birth but this time around i need a c-sect...

9 replies

congratulations! Rest up while you can but not for too long as the sooner you get up the better.I have had 3 c sections

Chosen Caesarean

I had an emergency c-section, so I didn't have to talk anyone in to it. To be honest, my fe...

17 replies

There may be a possibility of have a cs in a public hospital, however to do this you would need to express strong anxiety over natur...

wolfbaby

horizontal vs vertical incision

am pregy w no.2, 1st was c-sec as was frank breech n I had a horizontal incision. am currently 30...

2 replies

My ds was frank breech and I had a horizontal incision, I don't think there is any reason you shouldn't be able to have ho...

Mum of 1 princess

Elective C-section or Vbac?

Do any lovely ladies out there have any stories about successful Vbacs? Or why you chose a repeat...

3 replies

I had an early induction due to PROM with DS, which ended in failure to progress. I've decided to go elective this time just t...

Caesarean 6 years ago

I had a csection with dd1 as she was breech and 4yrs later I had a successful vbac with dd2. It...

2 replies

I had a emergency c-section 2 years ago and was trying for a VBAC just 2 weeks ago but unfortunately my body would not go into labou...

I Love My Babes

Question Re Getting tube tied at Caesarean Pro's & Con's

Hello again SO my doctors have asked me whether I'd like to have my tubes tied when I hav...

7 replies

I have considered this, but haven't asked yet?? I will be having my 2nd csection in 8-9wks. we had decided this was it, but as ...

I Love My Babes

4th Caesarean and Hospital Bag advice :)

Morning Well I'll be having my 4th caesarean ( and my last ) in December and would like s...

3 replies

Thank you LilGem Yes I will be in a shared room so I will definately put thongs in for the shower and slippers too Thank you Mumof...

gab_1DS

CS Scar- pain during pregnancy?

Just wondering if your CS scar gets painful during pregnancy? I had and emergency CS 2.5 years ag...

11 replies

Reported!

Tinak-390

my first c section

Hi Everyone, I am currently 34 weeks pregnant with twins and they are both breech so i am now boo...

8 replies

I am in NZ and had either a morphine or pethidine pump when I had my c-section. I had a epidural, but also had pre-eclampsia and was...

manda_j

Finding a midwife after C-section

Hi, I've just found out we're 4wks pregnant with number 2. My first ended up being an...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
becjed

Breeched

Hey guys, I was told today by my gyno that my baby is breeched iam 28 weeks and he has been in th...

3 replies

I wouldn't be worried about being breech at 28 weeks, this is very common. My bub is breech and my OB only got concerned as of...

Rosielaw

c section questions

ill be booked in for a c section at about 37 weeks because of Stg4 placenta previa... Questions I...

2 replies

I have had 3 c sections and the pain was no where as bad as I imagined but mostly when you move and try not to ...

Brittanycat

How many c-sections can you have?

I had an emergency c-section with my son and when I could start feeling my lower body again the p...

5 replies

I've had 3 c/sections and will be having my 4th in December After my last I was told my scar was getting quite thin and advise...

Wendywooo

To elect to have a c section

Hi Ladies, I've just found out I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. I had an emergency c-sec...

7 replies

you do whatever you feel is best for you, I myself when I choose to have another child am considering a second C-section under a gen...

SIL

Oh your poor SIL...... I hope she heals really soon and feels much better. xxxx

6 replies

So sorry to hear about your SIL. I hope that things are looking up for her and the infection is under control. I hope that she does ...

Kylespeanut

Elective C Section

Do they do elective C Sections in Hamilton?? Does anyone know what the Obstetricians think about ...

6 replies

Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote: How did you get on with requesting an elective c/s? They said no BUT at my 36 week OB appointment they disco...

wolfbaby

who's had a 2nd C-section?

I may be having another c-sec in Nov and am wondering if it will be the same. Last time it hurt l...

5 replies

My first c-section was an emergency so recovery was hard. My second I was still in pain and bleeding 8 weeks pp. Had an ultrasound a...

Julie_Heeney

Tubal Iigation and Caesarean

Hi I am going to have a Caesarean on the 5th November and I am having a tubal ligation as well. ...

4 replies

I had this done 12 days ago, and with what I thought was pain from an infected caesar scar, turns out it is from having my tubes cut...

Mellav99

Has anyone else got pregnant 6 months after c-section?

I found out last week that we are pregnant again, A little surprised but still very happy. I had ...

16 replies

I have breastfed all of my kids while being pregnant (besides mu first of course) I stopped feeding my first 3 months before DS2 wa...

Wendywooo

To elect to have a c section

Hi Ladies, I've just found out I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. I had an emergency c-sec...

2 replies

With DD1 I was induced due to medical reasons and I was 40+4. I had an epidural from the start once again due to medical reasons, s...

Littlemissorganiser

VBA2c

Hey everyone, hope you all well, I have found out recently that I'm expecting my 3rd child a...

2 replies

Thank so much for the quick reply, I have a lot to think about I get to see my GP next week I will start asking about VBA2C, thanks ...

Shazam929-509

How long did it take

Hi ladies just wondering how long it took for other women who have had a caesareans for there per...

5 replies

My period returned 5 months after my 1st c-section and then was very irregular. 15 months after my 2nd c-sect and 4 months after my...

Rebekah.x

Caesarean Section Preparing/Information - Herpes

Hi, I have chosen to have an elective caesarean because of health issues. Long story short if i ...

5 replies

question your midwife on everything!!!! that is what they are there for. also its only a risk if you have a break out at the time of...

Nonabel

Cesarean Questions

Hi Ladies, 1. Can you have nail polish on fingernails and toenails in a cesarean? 2. Did you sh...

7 replies

1. Can you have nail polish on fingernails and toenails in a cesarean? I had nail polish on my toes. They didn't ask me to remo...

Drfm

Long-term parking at the hospital? (Joondalup)

Hey I'm booked in to have a c-section for my first in June at Joondalup hospital & the...

3 replies

At Joondalup if you are a private patient you can get a pass from the private reception and parking is free. If not, parking is expe...

Alli-cat

C/S stitches?

Anyone know how long it takes for the internal stitches to dissolve? I have pain and pulling at o...

1 reply

They were still there at my 8 wk check. But just over 4 mths now and it still hurts to run/exercise

Rebekah.x

Elective Caesarean NZ

Is it possible to choose caesarean in NZ? I have a medical condition that could end up in an eme...

2 replies

Hi, Yes the hospitals do provide elective but they try and avoid the topic, you just have to push for it explaining your medical co...

Tangerines

What to pack for elective!

hey guys. Looks like I might be having an elective CS. Could you please help me out with a list ...

16 replies

We did it! just sent you a msg doll