Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Pulling off the tape!!! Rss

Our little boy was delivered by emergency c section a week ago 2morrow coz he was breech.... He is doin well nd I'm copin nd healing good, but now it's been a week I hav 2 take off the waterproof surical tape.........ouch!!!!

How did u ladies do it? I know there is gonna b some pain but what did u find was less painful?
Same as MO3C, I did it in the shower!

Ohhh....It was so good to get it off!

They didn't actually use it on me when I had my last caesar!

Mine was pulled off by my midwife 2 days after birth so I don't remember it hurting but i would have still been on some good painkillers so maybe thats why lol.

I think just do it quickly and it'll be over and done with just like a bandaid. I'm still numb (over 2 years on) above and below the actual cut so maybe it won't be as bad as you think?

Forever, for always and no matter what

Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote:
boofarama wrote:
They didn't actually use it on me when I had my last caesar!

Interesting - I only had it with my last.

OK!!!

I had a different ob. and different hospital the last time so I just put it down to that!

I questioned it and he said that it doesn't need it and is fine healing without it.

With my first one my G.P. was unable to even find the scar 12 months later where I can still feel this one. It's quite obvious. (DS2 is almost 11 months)

I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or more the fact that the second one was done by someone fairly new to it. She actually did it all but was lead every step of the way by the ob.

Dani + 1 wrote:
Tutu&Lulu wrote:
I'm still numb (over 2 years on) above and below the actual cut so maybe it won't be as bad as you think?
Mine is still numb too! and still gets sore/sensitive sometimes sad

Mine too and when i try to say to DH that it's sore but he's like you said it's numb and he so doesn't get it and it doesn't make sense if i try to explain it

Forever, for always and no matter what

I found in the shower helped alot... took a good 45min shower to do it but it wasn't too bad lol. I found too doing a little from each side at a time helped to, work from the outsides to the middle smile

Writetoleasha wrote:
I found in the shower helped alot... took a good 45min shower to do it but it wasn't too bad lol. I found too doing a little from each side at a time helped to, work from the outsides to the middle smile

+1
Thanks heaps ladies. I'm just bout 2 take a long shower now nd hav a go..... Eeeeek I'm a little worried
Got it off......was soooooooo much easier than i thought. I think i worked myself up to much.
Sign in to follow this topic